Lights

It had been a few days since Hawk Moth was last seen in public. Nathalie knew that he wouldn't just give up, and the two young heroes were also aware of this. The two had started patrolling the city every day, but the woman stayed away from it, partly because she already had enough work and couldn't just find extra time for it every evening. She put her tablet aside to stretch vigorously. "That should be enough for today" she looks at her little kwami, who fallen asleep earlier on the bed next to her. She herself had already changed into something comfortable and so instead of her professional work clothes she wore only her sweater, with simple sweatpants and a messy bun. It was well after midnight, and from the window she could see the Eiffel Tower glowing brightly in the distance. This time it wasn't just the Eiffel Tower that lit up the night. For a short time she saw a strange, bright light and shortly after that another one. "Duusu wake up, there is work to do!" "hmmm?" Her friend looks at her sleepily "Does it have to be now? I don't even have a coffee..." "No time, Duusu transform me" Nathalie said, only to get out of the window for jumping into the night as Mayura.

It was really an Akuma, apparently a young man with the ability to momentarily make people blind. Thankfully, just a few people were out on the streets at this time, which kept the damage to a minimum. "I think it's pretty late," she calls out to her opponent. "Never too late to cause chaos," he replies and shoots a beam at the woman, who dodges. She closely watches every movement of creation. The weapon was a pistol, but the akumatized object appeared to be a chain, which he wore around his neck. The fight made them both jump a few houses, her enemy shifting his balance forward with every shot, that would give her a chance. She make another attack, but he tripped her, causing her to fall on the ground and then he shot at her. 'Merde' she cursed mentally and listened. The lose of her sight would not make her weaker. She had learned to fight without sight and to be guided by her other senses, and her opponent, unlike her, clearly does not have the best fighting experience. "We can easily simplify this by just giving up," laughed the Akuma, but she ran towards him and yanked him to the ground. "Pride comes before a fall" she grins and snatches the chain from him to destroy it. She then creates an amok which can catch and destroy the evil butterfly, an idea that has often come to her mind when she wondered how to copy the powers of others. 'The children should be asleep by this time.' she thought. It was a few minutes before she could take in her surroundings as outlines again. She blinked a few times to finally escape from the Akuma's powers and a man sat confused on the roof, looking at her. "Madam, um... what happened? Why am I up here? To be honest, I'm afraid of heights," he then says, a little worried, the woman smiles, "My name is Mayura, you have been akumatized and I will be happy to get you down help" "Thank you.." she offers him her hand and he takes it. "Hold on tight" she says then "You don't want to jump- AHHHH" the hero has to hold back a laugh and puts him down. "T-thanks" the man stutters. "No problem, I wish you a nice night" she says goodbye with a bow and jumped out of sight of other onlookers who were now staring at her with interest.

Mayura is now on her way back to her home. It's a beautiful night, the moon is shining brightly and some couples are walking in love through the night streets of the big city. She could see something out of the corner of her eye and was just able to dodge it at the last moment. "Fast reflexes" praises the stranger, who can be immediately identified with his voice as Hawk Moth. He wears a purple suit and a large black collar, with a silver mask on his head. His outfit had certain accents reminiscent of a butterfly. "Rude to attack someone without warning," she replies hostilely, ready to attack at any moment. "Let me guess, you're the student and daughter of the idiot old man who would rather die than just reveal the whereabouts of the box." Hawk Moth calmly puts his hand on his hip and with the other he rested his wand on his shoulder . "Just Mayura, but I actually avoid talking to murderers, thank you very much and have a nice evening" replies the woman, smiling coldly as her emotions boil inside her like a cauldron of anger and disgust. "Now well, you stay here, I would find it really comfortable if you are ready just tell me to leave the Miraculouse to me." "Hahaha, Mon Dieu, do you really think I'd give a murderer like you something so important? Hawk Moth, even you should be smarter! I will fight you, I will show you no mercy and make you pay for what you did. One day I'll be the one who got your Miraculous" the man just looks at her grumpily "So the hard way? It's a shame..." "Well, I've got better things to do than talk to weird old men, au revoir," she replies and, to scare her enemy, just lets herself fall off the roof and disappears from the man's sight.

A few streets further she leans against the wall with a pounding heart and transforms back "Mon Dieu that was so close" she murmurs and rubs her temples "This man manages to make me hate him even more day by day" "And he's also arrogant" agrees her kwami ​​"but I'm relieved that you didn't get involved with his provocation, Miss Nathalie" the woman just nods "come on, we're going back" Duusu looks at her enthusiastically and flew around her. "Paris is still such a beautiful city!" she squeaks softly. "I agree with you there" "The city of love, will you confess your love to your loved one soon..." "Duusu, I don't love him" "I'm just saying... hehe" in the middle of the street Hawk Moth now lands and looks around searchingly. Then they both look at each other in suprise. 'You're Nathalie, not Mayura!' it shoots through her head "H- HAWK MOTH?" she screams in shock "I um..." he looks visibly irritated and nervous "Was there a weird looking woman here?" 'HELLO? WEIRD LOOKING?' "No? Not that I know of, I haven't really seen anyone yet..." she replies nervous and bites her lower lip uncertainly. "Um, thanks..." the man replied and jumped away again.

"What an idiot" she and Duusu say at the same time "What a strange evening" her friend nods "Mon Dieu he might have almost seen that I'm Mayura" "Did you notice his reaction when he saw you?" Her friend gives her a meaningful look "Do you really think I'm dating the guy I hate the most in this world? DUUSU, MON DIEU! WHAT'S ONLY GOING ON IN YOUR BRAIN?" Duusu just giggles at what her master said.