Chapter 16 : Dismemberment Case II

Alberu felt strange about the atmosphere between the two. He does not know why is it though?

He glanced at the side. 

A glaring Cale. 

He glanced at the other side. 

A smug looking Adin. 

‘What’s the problem with these two?’ Alberu densely thought to himself. 

He saw sparks flying between them. Alberu needed to think about it deeper. 

Cale scowls further staring at the smug expression on Adin. He had this urge to smack that bastard. 

Cale pulls Alberu close to him away from Adin, like a dragon protecting its treasure. 

Adin could not help but laugh. 

And laugh he did. 

“Heh. So overprotective Henituse.” 

Adin chortles, amusement gleams in his eyes. He eyes the confused Alberu looking at them back and forth. 

Adin could not help but laugh once more however behind that easy going pretense of his, anxiety is hidden deep within. 

Cale’s frown deepens not liking one bit of Adin’s staring, his hand on Alberu’s palm squeeze unconsciously as if seeking assurance. 

Alberu, still acting confused, squeezes back in assurance, still does not know what happened between the two. 

The rest of the subordinates with them could only facepalm. 

Choi Han leaned a bit to whisper at Eruhaben deliberately, making sure no one noticed something strange as almost everyone was busy staring in front. 

“Is Captain Alberu really that dense?”

“Haaaa. Of course he is. In his eyes, Cale is the only person he is attracted to that’s why he is confused on why Cale is acting so protective of him.” Eruhaben replies. 

His eyes darted around the area, inspecting if someone suspicious was lurking around. He could not shake the feeling of being watched by malicious eyes. 

Rosalyn's eyes shine in happiness. She felt excited seeing their interactions. Cale being protective of Alberu as if chasing away possible suitors? It’s her cup of tea! 

Her smile widens in delight letting the rest beside her look at Rosalyn weirdly. 

Why does she look like a fangirl?

Adin let out a shaky breath, knowing anxious eyes were staring at his back. He could only back down and hoped for the best Cale and Alberu would not notice anything misplaced. 

“We need to see the crime scene.” Cale says in the icy tone he could muster. 

Everyone rather than his own team pauses for a moment hearing it. The noisy crowd behind the door quietens down and people start to leave, afraid of the new red-haired officer. 

His fierce aura combined with the imposing gentle ambience of the blonde man let them know they would have to use force if they dare disturb their duties. 

Add the fact with the subordinates behind them, they too appear to be officers not to be messed with.

The other officers in charge with Adin sighs in relief. The ruckus finally is gone with the new addition of officers investigating the case. 

In their hearts, they thank them silently. 

“Oh right, this way.” Adin lead the way, not anymore in the mood to push Cale’s button more; afraid of the consequence he might get.