Chapter 24: Arm Organization IV

They pass through the living room and see the Ancient Oldies talking seriously to the others. Their attention automatically sweeps towards the other members.

"Captain." Guardian calls out. He wanted to report their findings but he did not continue to do so.

His gaze darted towards their frantic expressions. Gradually, realization dawns unto him, compelling him to swallow his words. It's not the time to dwell on some things.

Guardian waves a hand much to the other's confusion.

"We'll handle it Captain."

Alberu, hearing the tone of assurance nods in relief. Guardian really knows the situation. With no further ado, he beckons his companions to hurry up and flee to the direction where Cale had been abducted.

"What's wrong? Why didn't you tell the captain about our findings?" Wind inquires, bewildered.

Guardian turns around facing the people left behind.

"Not the right time." He did not explain any further. 

They exchange confused glances and it lasts for a while before being enlightened. Cheapskate slaps his thigh with his hand in recognition.

"Right. Commander is still in their hands."

"Will they be okay?" Thief is worried for them.

"Of course they would." This time, Clopeh speaks up, lifting the depressed state of the others.

"Clopeh is right. You should never underestimate our side. We have been veterans for a long time." Wind assures earning the nods of agreement.

"Haaaaa. I thought we would fight someone head on but why is it always the battle of the brains?" Toonka complains, grumbling because he wants to use his combat in fighting.

Alas, this is not the case. Toonka can only swallow the grievance in his heart and tend to the present. Maybe, in the future, they will need force to crush someone.

"We still need to handle the others." Jack slowly says, snapping them back.

"Right, almost forgot." Glutton scrunches her nose.

"Then, we should do the things we need to do. Go." Guardian commands.

As the signal is given, everyone starts to move accordingly, not needing to be guided anymore.

Hannah sighs, fiddling with the gun she brought with her. She wants action, something that makes her blood boil. Will she have the chance to do it today?

She lifts her head up and stares at Karin. Her expression becomes complicated as her lips pursed in contemplation. Her gaze wanders to her body for a moment.

And she sees something imprinted on her skin but before she could fully see it, Karin had covered it with her sleeves.

"Officer, can I stay in the police car? I felt uneasy here." Karin plays with her fingers, dodging the questioning glance of Hannah.

She settles in, staring at the floor, her head bowing down and strands of hair covering her eyes.

Hannah massages the temples of her head with her fingers trying to reduce the incoming headache.

"Jack."

"Okay."

Jack quickly helps Karin in standing up and escorts her towards the vehicle the Ancient Oldies had used, leaving the other three behind.

"Hannah."

"What?"

"You don't feel strange about her?" The question made Hannah look up in wonder.