Chapter 17: Dismemberment Case III

Alberu tries to rub both of his eyes to ensure he was not hallucinating. He kept on rubbing them not minding the loud sigh coming from Cale. 

How would he be supposed to sleep? Sleeping beside Cale?

Oh lord, he is having the panic of his life. 

A hand reached on his arms to stop him from rubbing them once more. 

“Hey, stop it already. You’re not hallucinating.” Cale assures Alberu. 

“I’ll sleep on the floor.”

It earned a raised eyebrow from Cale. A light laugh came out from his lips.

“What are you saying? You’re not gonna sleep on the floor. We’re sleeping together.”

“But-” 

“You act like we have not slept beside each other. Hmmm?” 

Cale crosses his arms. Half of his body leaning towards Alberu, a smirk present on his face. 

Visible redness rushes towards Alberu’s cheek. He could not maintain his composure anymore and took a step back. 

“I’ll take a shower first.”

Alberu ran off.

Cale watches how Alberu quickened his pace towards the bathroom and could not help but let out a fond smile. 

Why does Alberu act like they have not slept on the same bed before?

Was it because it was when they were younger?

Was it because it is in the past?

Or, was it they both know now together they have unresolved tension?

His iris glinted with slight mischief. An idea passes through his mind that would make Alberu utterly helpless under Cale. 

Ping

The sound of notification rang. Cale pulled out his phone from his pockets and glance a bit. 

“Tsk, they are really fast.” He utters to the air. 

His eyes seriously read about the background information gathered by the Ancient Oldies.

Alberu stares right through his reflection in the mirror. Face dripping with water, an awful way for him to pull himself together. 

Both hands were on the sink, gripping it tightly making sure he was still thinking sane. 

A labored breath escapes from his lips. 

‘Me and Cale.... one bed.... bed... sleeping together.... together’

Those words are the only things inside his mind repeatedly. He cannot shake it off because for a long time they had not shared a bed.

Suddenly plunging him towards this situation? He is losing his mind. 

Bringing a hand on his cheek, he slaps himself lightly and even pinches it. 

A stinging sensation can be felt from the assault he did on himself. 

“Am not really dreaming.” He mutters to no one in particular. 

His eyes turned into a crescent and so he saw his reflection smiling back at him.

“Aigoo, Alberu. Look at yourself, you look so happy? Hmmmm?” He talks to his reflection. 

A good thing no one sees him like this, or else, a blackmail material would be put against him. 

Knock knock knock