Chapter 5: Fast Times At Midtown High

"Cherry get up! You're gonna be late for the first day of school!" My mom called. I groaned and got out of bed.

I got dressed and brushed my teeth and hair. I texted Peter to let him know I'm getting ready to leave.

I went down to breakfast and it was quiet since some of the team went out on a mission. "So, first day of your new school, how do you feel?" Mom asked.

"Nervous. I just hope people at this school will be nicer to me."

"If they aren't, you know who to contact."

"You can't karate kick a 15 year old kid, mom."

"If they hurt my baby I think I'm legally allowed to."

I laughed and grabbed my stuff. The school wasn't too far away so I was able to walk. When I got there I took a deep breath and opened the doors. The hall was crowded with kids. Then I spotted Peter.

"Peter!" I called and waved. He waved back at me and I walked up to him. "Hey." He said giving me a hug. "Do you know where the office is?" I asked.

"Yeah it's this way." He showed me the way to the office and I got my schedule,books, and locker number/combination. "So would you be okay sitting with me and my friends at lunch?" He asked.

"Yeah of course!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first class was algebra which I hate with a fiery passion. I sat down in the back just planning to go on my phone, then a girl sat next to me. She had tan skin and curly hair.

She's really pretty.

"Hi, are you new?" She asked.

"Yes I am. My name is Cherylynn but please call me Cherry."

"I'm Michelle but please call me MJ."

We both laughed at our dislike of our full names.

"Okay everyone, we have a new student, her name is Cherylynn Romanoff. Cherylynn, will you please stand up?" The teacher said.

I awkwardly stood up and waved at everyone with a small smile before sitting back down. I heard people whisper about my last name. One of those people was MJ.

"Are you related to Black Widow or something?" She asked.

"She's my adopted mother." I said.

She nodded and went back to reading her book.

We ended up talking a lot, she's really funny and sarcastic. Turns out she's ones of Peter's friends so that's cool. Then the bell rang.

"See you at 3rd period!" I said after finding out we had the same 3rd period class. My next class was science which was boring. I know, going to a science and technology school isn't the best place for someone who doesn't care for science. But I love coding so I'll be alright.

I met up with MJ who was leaning against my locker. I grabbed my English book out and we started to head to class. "So, what are your hobbies?" She asked.

"I like to play video games, read, make tiktoks, dance, and swim." I said.

"I love to read too if that wasn't obvious. What's your favorite book series?"

"Hunger games."

"Yesss love the hunger games too! Favorite character?"

"Katniss obviously."

"I like effie."

"Oh my god yes I love her too!"

And then we finally made it to class after walking slow on purpose. We sat next to each other and she helped me get caught up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made it to lunch. Peter and this other kid had confused faces when they saw us laughing. "Have you ever seen MJ laugh like that?" Ned asked. "Nope." Peter replied.

"Shut up losers, Cherry here is actually really funny." MJ spat and sat down. I sat down next to her and pulled out my lunch.

"Well I'm Ned, and you already know Peter and MJ it seems." Ned said.

"Yep, so what's up?" I asked, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Peter was just talking about the Stark internship." Ned said.

"Oh that's why you were in the tower looking for Mr. Stark." I said.

"Wait, you live at Avengers tower???" Ned asked.

"Yep. My full name is Cherylynn Romanoff. I'm Natasha's adopted daughter."

"That's so cool, Black Widow's daughter!"

"Yep  and technically Captain America's as well."

"That's so cool. Could you maybe set something up where I can meet the Avengers?"

"I'll see." I winked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter walked me home and we said our goodbyes before I walked into the tower. I went to the living room to see my mom watching some cheesy action movie.

"Hey mom." I said. I hugged her and sat down next to her on the couch. "How was your first day of school?" She asked.

"It was awesome. I met some new friends, specifically this one girl named MJ. She's really pretty and I love her." I said.

"That's nice, you have a crush on her or something?"

"How- nooo. Maybe. I don't know. How do you know I'm into girls anyways?"

"Your bestie Wanda told me."

"Ughh gonna kill her later. Anyways you're okay with me liking girls?"

"Yeah, actually believe it or not me and agent Hill had a brief thing when I started working for SHIELD."

"Wow I did not know that." I chuckled and then went to my room.

Can't wait to see MJ tomorrow.