Chapter 10: Happily ever after

A/n: A little background on Cherylynn's ethnicity: She is Russian and Romanian, she's not white or American.

She's supposed to look like the girl in the photo sooo yeah.

Also I don't exactly know where to go with the MJ x Cherry romance sub plot but we'll see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cherylynn POV:

I woke up with a throbbing headache.

"FRIDAY can you please call my parents down here asap?" I asked the AI.

"Of course Ms. Romanoff." She responded.

A few minutes later mom and dad walked into my room.

"Hey honey, are you okay?" Mom asked.

"Ugh I have a throbbing headache and my throat is dry as fuck." I said.

"Language." Dad scolded lightly, causing me to chuckle.

"Let's get you to the medical bay." Mom said and dad nodded.

My dad carried me while mom led the way. Once we got inside, he laid me on a table while mom went to get Bruce.

Bruce came in and examined me, giving me a once over before tending to any wounds I might have had. And my headache. I was so grateful to gulp down some ice cold water, I sighed in satisfaction.

"She's good to go for now, no more missions or extreme physical activity for a couple weeks alright?" He directed the last part towards me and I nodded.

I decided to go see Wanda and ask if she's okay. I stumbled upon her in the living room to see her and some man I didn't recognize laughing and talking.

"Hi." I said nervously. This guy looked intimidating, tall muscular form with a metal arm and medium length dark brown hair.

Wanda smiled at me "Hey Cherry, how are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm good came to see how you were doing. Who's this?" I asked, gesturing towards the man.

"I'm Bucky. Steve's best friend and um...the former winter soldier. I escaped the Hydra base when they came to find you." He explained.

"Nice to meet you Bucky, I'm Cherry, but it seems you already know that." I chuckled and he smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You wouldn't believe it, MJ!" I exclaimed about what happened. She already knew I was technically part of the Avengers so it was okay to talk about. She also knew how to keep a secret.

She FaceTimed me and asked me about what happened if I was okay.

"Wow, I'm glad you're safe now." She said,

"Yeah me too." I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third person POV:

"I'm so worried, Buck. How am I supposed to go about this?" Steve asked his friend worriedly.

Bucky chuckled, "Just get down on one knee and pull out the ring and pop the question."

"But this is Natasha we're talking about, a strong independent woman. Not a dame from the 40's ugh I'm gonna screw this up aren't I?" Steve protested.

"Look pal, I don't know much about Natasha, or modern women in general but what I do know is that she loves you so much and you've been together for what? 3 years now? She's going to say yes."

Steve sighed,

"Okay, let's figure out how to go about this."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party was in full swing, and to most of the team it was just another Stark party. But for Steve and Bucky, it was a surprise engagement.

Cherylynn invited MJ and Ned to the party because most of the attendees were adults who were kind of boring to say the least.

Peter also showed up, in which I revealed he was Spider-Man to Cherylynn which she kind of already knew but she acted surprised for his sake.

Bucky and Wanda were getting pretty cozy on one of the sofas, they started to connect a lot more now, and soon enough, they were kissing.

Bucky never thought he'd find someone as amazing and striking as Wanda.

Wanda never thought she'd find someone as caring and sweet as Bucky.

Then, it was time for the proposal. Steve was a nervous wreck but kept his composure.

The room was silent as he said he had an announcement to make.

"Natasha, will you please come up here?" He asked as he stood at the front of the room.

Natasha walked over to him and he got down on one knee and pulled out a black velvet box,

"Natasha, you've been the light of my life ever since I've joined the Avengers. I'm so grateful that I get to share my life with you. I'd be the happiest man alive if you'd marry me." He said.

Happy tears welled in Nat's eyes as she eagerly nodded. Steve put the ring on her and they kissed passionately.

Everyone cheered.

"My parents are getting married!!!" Cherylynn exclaimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cherylynn POV:

(Wedding day)

I got dressed in a medium length pink dress, along with the other bridesmaids. Mom looked beautiful in her simple yet gorgeous white mermaid style dress.

She had a floor length veil and carried red and blue roses.

"Do you, Natasha Romanoff, take Steve Rogers to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The preacher asked.

"I do." Mom said.

"And Steve Rogers, do you take Natasha Romanoff to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Dad said.

"You May now kiss the bride." And they did just that and everyone cheered.

The after party was so much fun. Peter and I definitely ate too many snacks and cake though. I laid on the grass outside of the venue and looked up at the sky to the millions of sparkling stars.

My name is Cherylynn Romanoff-Rogers.

The end.

Thank you so much for reading. I really enjoyed writing this story and I hope you enjoyed reading it!