Chapter 2: You Changed My Spell!

Peter follows Stephen and (y/n) downstairs into an ancient sublevel filled with crypts. As Stephen and (y/n) prepare items for the spell, Peter looks around, spooked. "So what is this place?" Peter asked. "The Sanctum’s built at the intersection of cosmic energy currents. We weren’t the first to seek ‘em." (Y/n) explains.

"Some of these walls are thousands of years old. And they shot an episode of The Equalizer here in the ‘80s." Stephen adds and (y/n) chuckles a bit. "Well, I um...really appreciate you doing this for me, sir and ma'am." Peter said. "Don’t mention it. And don’t call me sir." Stephen said and Peter smiles. "And don't call me, ma'am." (Y/n) said and Peter nods.

"Right, sorry." He said and (y/n) smiles back at him as her and Stephen finish gather everything they needed. "You ready?" She asked him and Peter nods. "I’m ready." Peter said and Stephen raises hands and smiles at Peter. "Nice knowing you, Spider-Man." He said and he begins to cast the spell, a golden ring of runes encircles them. Then Peter's smile falters.

"Wait, excuse me?" He asked. "The entire world’s about to forget that Peter Parker is Spider-Man, including me and (y/n)." Stephen explains. "Everyone?" Peter asked, panicked, and he runs up to the two sorcerers'. "Uh...can’t some people still know?" He asked. "That’s not how the spell works. And it’s very difficult and dangerous to change it, midcasting." (Y/n) explained as Peter becomes anxious.

"So my girlfriend’s just gonna forget about everything we’ve been through? I mean, is she even gonna be my girlfriend?" Peter asked. "That depends. Was she your girlfriend just ‘cause you’re Spider-Man, or--" Stephen started to ask as (y/n) said. "Stephen!"

"I mean, I don’t know. I really hope not!" Peter said and Stephen sighs. "All right, fine." He said then he works to adjust the spell. "Everyone in the world’s gonna forget that you’re Spider-Man, except your girlfriend." He said and Peter sighs with relief. "Thank you so much, that--" Peter started to say but stops when he realized something.

"Oh my God, Ned. Ned!" He exclaims and a rune from the rings flies towards Stephen, but (y/n) catches it. "What is a Ned?” she asked as she looks at the runes then tosses it aside. "He’s my best friend, so it’s really important to me that Ned knows." Peter replied, quickly, and Stephen sighs and works to adjust the spell. Again.

"Okay. Let’s not change the parameters of this spell any more while he's casting it." (Y/n) said as Stephen tries to concentrate. "Okay, I’m done. I’m done. I swear I’m done. I’m done." He said then he got reminded of something else. "Ah! But my Aunt May should really know!" He said. "Peter, stop tampering with the spell." Stephen said. "When she found out that I was;Spider-Man, it was really messy and I don’t think that I can go through with that again." Peter said.

So Stephen swipes his hands, begins further spell adjustments. Four golden rings of runes now swirl about them. "So, my Aunt May?" Peter asked. "Yes!" Stephen replied. "Oh, thank you, thank you--" Peter said. "So, can we please stop changing..." (y/n) started to say when Peter speaks up again.

"Happy?" He said. "No, I’m annoyed!" Stephen said, angrily. "No, it’s a nickname. Harold Happy Hogan. He used to work for Tony Stark, but then he was kind of dating my aunt, and they broke up--" Peter explains, quickly, and the spell shifts, wavering, almost becoming erratic. "Peter, please! Stop talking!" (Y/n) said but at that moment the spell erupts.

Stephen and (y/n) are lifted to their feet, followed by Peter. The jumbled spell billows in rings around them. The room shatters and shakes. Something is clearly, horribly wrong!

Peter shouts over the chaos. "Basically everyone that knew that I was Spider-Man before should still know!"

The duo sorcerers' struggle with the spell as it blasts its way around them, ripping apart the crypt walls...unusual shadows appear. With quick thinking and great effort, (y/n) shrinks the spell smaller and smaller, until--