A Cold Day in December Chapter Six

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to myself haha XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER SIX

FALLING IN A FALL OUT

"Stay away from me Seth," I repeated. My words were brimming with resolve and firmness. I was beginning to get the feeling that he was trying to worm his way into my complicated life. Do things I never would've wanted to happen again if I could help it. I couldn't afford to let him turn stones over and dig freshly buried corpses. I tried for the hundredth time to shake away from his tight grip, but it was hopeless. He was much stronger and bigger than me. He only increased the pressure every time I struggled, it began to hurt a little. "Let go." I groaned.

"Do you always do this?" He sighed effortlessly. "Throw away those who care about you like garbage when they figure out you're not what they think you are? That behind that confident smile and knowing eyes you're just as lost as a kid left in the city? You need help. Let me at least try."

His words were cutting through like barbed wires wrapped around me. Who the hell did he think he was? Some kind of a modern day Messiah? He may be true about everything he said but I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of letting him know it. I'd rather be killed than be pitied over. "You know nothing about me," I spat through gritted teeth. The shivering cold that blew past the small amount of space that separated our bodies was the least of my concern. It was just Seth, his problem with me, and myself. They say that darkness provides safety. They say that what your eyes can't see can't harm you. But why did I not feel safe then? It must be because the shadow that crawled all around didn't quite manage to block Seth's glinting fierce eyes. Those haunting eyes that could look past the surface and into the deepest part of me. As if he could read me like an open book.

"Are you sure?" He challenged.

"You're bluffing," I countered. "We just met." The slightest form of a smile appeared on his lips, his cheeks twitched and reddened from the cold.

"I've known you long enough."

My knees and fingers trembled. I felt like throwing up and shouting until my voice fade into nothing. I forcefully held myself together. I couldn't let all my guards down and be vulnerable, not even for a split-second. I wasn't weak anymore, no longer the sensitive and open Eriol. Being lost was something I could handle and bear than dying again. "If you do-."

"I do," he cut me off. "I don't know how or why, I just do. Something's telling me to-."

"Get away from me," I insisted. “I don't care about what you think." I pushed him but he didn't even budge. "Leave. Me. Alone. What part of that is so unclear to you?" Instead of answering, he slid his left hand from my arm to my back, pulling me to him unabashedly. His other hand slithered too, locking me in place. "What are you doing?!" I demanded, my voice echoing around the deserted place.

"Eriol." Seth whispered, the sounds rolling on his tongue coupled with his hot breath on my ear conjured goosebumps on my skin. "Do you want to hear what I know about you?" He didn't wait for an answer though. "Your whole life's written on your face, especially your eyes. Everything you do tells so much, more than what you say. You have a terrible need for other people to like and admire you," he chuckled, “you have a tendency to be critical of yourself. Although you appear cool, you tend to be anxious and insecure inside. It's as if every time I look into your eyes you doubt something. Probably about whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing but I still can't tell. You hide them so well but I'm not a prude."