Chapter 19

Abaddon watched the perplexed girl obliviously from the corner of the chapel. He hasn't left her, just merely disappeared from her sight. Now he is debating with himself if it was the right time that he made himself known to her after the accident from where she had almost totally lost herself. Surely, what he have shown her in front of the altar was but one of his tricks, illusions which are merely illusion in itself. There was no reality in it, not even a hint of the past or of how he had come to her. If she knew the whole truth then it would only hurt her.

Stellar had blamed herself for her mother's death. She couldn't accept that she lived while her mother rots in grave. She was in total shock when she had been brought to the emergency room with her mother's blood clinging to her hair and to her blue Yukata.

Let the life of this girl not go to waste. She's lost, find her..

That's what the voice told him. I am not Gabriel! He had been muttering remembering how the seraph had followed orders like he is someone lowly to begin with. Ah, but Gabriel had his own reasons.

And you Abaddon, don't you have your own reasons? Wouldn't it be fun to see how it shall end? And this girl, she won't be on anyone's side as you are. She will only serve as the last resort like that of what was inside Pandora's Box....

"Pandora's Box huh? Why won't the angels just come and guard the door of the pits? Why won't they just do what they have once done? Why not come down the earth once more and serve as guardians?"

Which would mean another war? We knew what has happened before. It only increased the number of the Fallen. And the Ophanim won't lose another Camael as they have lost him when they sought him for the capture of the Nephilim...

"So the First Order now will have a hand in all these. Interesting. And in this, is a mortal girl"

I am as you are. I control the balance. I am on nobody's side but that which wouldn't harm. And the child of Samael, he still can be saved, as he would be the one to decide whether he himself is bound to save, or to destroy...

Abaddon had clenched his hands around the necklace which he had taken away from Lune. He knew then it shall be passed on to this girl for safekeeping for he, The Destroyer couldn't keep things such as that. Let it lead him to her, and her to him. Wasn't that the purpose of it? He has no choice but to follow the path the Silver Lights has given him. Besides, it has always guided him even with his course and decision towards the nephilim long before, as has been the case with Cerise.

Astarael, but why would you have to use this mortal girl?

Abaddon still couldn't help but question it as he now watches Stellar walk out of the chapel door. He still could remember the girl as she was roaming the outskirts of the Fuji Mountain in her hospital gown. She was too wounded and broken that she was almost dead as she had wished while she treaded the grounds with her naked feet. Her life is but a small flick of candlelight when he had taken her to become a new person, one who shall take that sole responsibility which will decide the future of a distant past, that which still dance in the palm of Lune.

"I knew you'd be here" Abaddon wasn't surprised to hear Gabriel's voice which stopped his thoughts on Lune and Stellar. The Seraph now stood by the chapel door where Stellar had left. His back was against the light of the afternoon sun and he couldn't see the expression on his face but he knew that the Seraph was scowling at him once more like he used to.

"Gabriel, you have been watching over Cerise, have you?" Abaddon said casually.

"Yes, I have. I didn't realize that you have a hand in things concerning the mortal girl though, that girl named Stellar" Gabriel replied in the same manner. Abaddon let out an almost childish giggle.