Chapter 22

"We meet again for the second time..."

"Yes. But how is it possible?" it is true that meeting him like this felt familiar although she doesn't have any recollection on it.

"Do you believe in angels?"

"Yes. I believe I've seen one or two. And aren't you an angel yourself?"

Laughter...

"Angel eh? But I thought you'd see me as a crow or merely a bird with black feathers"

"Silly"

"Stellar. Isn't that your name?"

"How did you know?"

"Silly huh? You told me the first time you've come to see me" he was smiling at her, or probably smirking. Stellar flushed.

"Sorry, I must have forgotten"

He was laughing again. So he really thinks it is funny.

"But it is funny" he said reading her mind. Now that isn't funny. Stellar fidgeted as she looked away still flushing like she was really embarrassed.

"What now? Hmm, you wanted to say something right?" he sounded to be teasing and this has made Stellar's face to turn redder.

"Err, I just wanted to ask you something. You mustn't laugh though or I hope it won't offend you. I mean, I'm not sure if I asked this before or if you already told me before but, I was just wondering——-"

"Crap. What a long introduction for a single question" he faked a bored yawn as he slumped down the ground sitting down comfortably. It was then that Stellar got a good look of her surroundings. Ocean of blood, no, just a never-ending meadow of red lilies.

He soon lay down the ground crushing leaves and lilies beneath his weight. He was looking up at the dark sky.

"No stars this time huh?" he said softly after a moment of silence as if he could no longer wait for Stellar to finish her question or what she was about to say earlier.

"Huh?" Stellar looked at him like she was suddenly stupefied by his comment. He just pointed one long finger towards the empty sky.

"Stars. Sometimes if they are kind enough they'd let me see one or two" he said without looking at her.

"Uh, but what is out there?"

"Nothing"

"What do you mean nothing? The stars should be out there even if we cannot see it" isn't that the sort of argument she had given her nee-san before? And nee-san gladly accepted it, yet him, it doesn't seem to be the case.