Chapter 31

Gabriel was astonished to see the two of them like that. Lune and Stellar were sitting side by side as the two of them appeared to be sleeping comfortably under the bright sky. It somehow looked beautifully awkward. He doesn't understand much but it appears that the two of them had already known each other and that today wasn't the first encounter. Well he doesn't really need to know more about that. It only bothers him what Stellar might do to him, or vice versa.

Ah, but it is time that he take Stellar back to where she should be. Amber is keeping her cool yet he knows how worried she is. It is a wonder that she has trusted him with the matter on Stellar knowing how willful she is especially towards her little sister. She had somehow looked sad and still bothered even as she left and went back to her duty.

Carefully, he touched Stellar's cheek to see if she'd wake up. The girl stirred and opened her eyes sleepily. "Gabriel..." she whispered but then her lids were closing once more as she rested her head on Lune's shoulder.

His eyes darted on Lune's sleeping face. There was that peacefulness in it which he hadn't seen for a very long time now. There was a very slight maturity in his feature as well now that he looks at him closely. His angel blood though had still worked beautifully on his youth. He still had that kind of face he had always worn as the French pianist, or even as the Executioner back in Gehenna, although he hadn't looked this calm and peaceful as when he had been the latter.

And to think now that Samael is within him. And this girl beside him, how will she try to kill him again, this mortal girl who too, is a vessel of an angel from one of the highest Order.

Then he remembered something as he slowly reached for Lune's left shoulder. Right below his throat almost at his nape across the earlobe is an old mark he himself had placed at birth. It was a small crescent moon which he had etched while Lilith slept and Lune suckled her breast for his first feed. It was a mark which apparently had given him his name, besides he was born under the last quarter of the moon.

Gabriel slowly moved Lune's hair to see the mark and as he had thought, it was now barely visible like it has been erased. All he could see now is a mark in faded black like that of a washed out ink. It is a sign that he's been losing himself to Samael or even the Watchers whose been trying to own him.

"And tonight, it may vanish entirely for good..."

Gabriel let go of Lune's hair as he heard the voice of Abaddon. Is he here to argue with him again or is it to finish him off or at least to continue what he had done to make him suffer back then at Samael or Lune's awakening?

"And you will allow it would you? Well I won't"

"You've become as stubborn as they are!" Abaddon's voice rose to a volume of tone which he hasn't heard before. It sounded too unlikely. "I will still try to stop you as I have done so before"

"Aren't you stubborn yourself?" Gabriel chuckled to himself as Abaddon cursed under his breath.

"Take Stellar. Take her back to her sister. I will wait until Lune wakes up" Abaddon said with a calmer voice that sounded more exasperated.

"Until Samael wakes up you mean?" Gabriel smiled bitterly. Abaddon looked away.

"If that is so then yes"

Gabriel just nodded. "I guess you are right, I have forgotten my oath to Samael, yet I knew I haven't forgotten my oath to his son as he had once asked me to. Gabriel, lead the path for him, wasn't those his words before you have chained him for good?"

"Yes, and it was my goal to see it all done. And for that, I have to make sure you don't let yourself be destroyed" and with that, Abaddon left.

Gabriel was left speechless, his own words left hanging. And when he felt that Abaddon was entirely gone, he finally scooped up Stellar in his arms so as to take her down back into her empty bed.