Chapter 24

i weaved through the people dancing, couples making out, and people throwing up, while looking for someone i know.

god, why does cameron keep following the routine?

i was looking around until i found the kitchen counter clear, so i ran to it and sat down.

"hey, you want a drink?" a random guy asked me.

"uh... yeah, sure.", i replied.

he walked away to the table with drinks and came back with 2 red cups.

"here." he handed me the cup and sat beside me on the counter.

he had a strong, sharp, jawline and high cheekbones., but i couldnt see his face so well.

"i really hoped you'd come."

"uhh... what? who are you?"

"wow, genius. dylan. who else do you think speaks like this?"

"oh, sorry. i couldnt recognize you. the music is too loud."

"come here, im gonna show you my room."

he pulled me down the counter and when we were about to go up, i noticed something.

this isnt his house.

"you dont live here, right? this is Marcus' house."

"he's my cousin"

oh. that explains a lot.

i just moved along until he brought me to the back of the house, which had a little door.

"why'd you bring me here?"

"i dont know, its just more quiet."

he pulled out a key from his pocket and opened the room door.

"come in." he pulled me into the room and we both sat on the bed.

"do you go here often?"

"yes, actually. sometimes i sneak in." he wiggled his eyebrows and smiled.

"what the fvck is this?" i asked picking up an action figure collection in the corner.

"language."

"oh, seems like little dylan over here, doesn't curse. fine. what is this?" i repeated, pointing at the action figure collection.

"it's an action figure collection."

"well, no sh!t, sherlock."

"i had it since i was twelve, and please, mind your language."

"oh. okay."

i went back to the bed and sat down. "wait, hold on. ill go get more drinks." he walked out the door and i just continued exploring the room. he had an organized little desk, and the weird part was that he had an Xbox in his cousin's house. and i remembered that he was the richest kid in school.

he knocked on the door, so i stood up and opened it. he had 6 lipstick marks all over his face, 2 hickey marks on his neck, his flannel was unbuttoned, and his jaw was dropped as if he was tired.

he was holding 4 bottles of beer and 2 red cups. he passed one off to me and set the others aside.

"thanks. it seems like little dylan over here is a heartthrob. do you always stay here in parties?"

"not always, because i usually just find people making out on the way here, and im afraid that sometimes... im on one of them, so no."

i laughed at that, slapping his arm. "eww!!!"