Chapter 3

•Eleonora•

"OH my gods!" Ellie screamed into her pillow in frustration.

You just had to go find your soul mate didn't you? She scolded herself.

Edith whined, Why did you leave our mate? He was right there!

Great now my wolf is horny and ready to find her mate. Just what I needed. Ellie snapped back at her counterpart.

Thats not what... I'm sorry. Edith whimpered.

Ellie had never got angry and snapped at her wolf before. Guilt hung her heart like lead.

This man, that wolf, why? Why did she have to find a mate? She was doing fine being a free spirit. Running through the woods whenever she liked. Being free. Now she didn't get a say in who she loved?

Xavier. His name swarmed her mind like an infestation. He was so handsome, even if he was annoying. Part of her wanted to run back and find him. Wondering what it'd be like to be held in his arms... No! She scolded herself.

She was to become a Luna someday like her parents wanted. That is what she trained for. Now she was going to throw that away for what? A fling? Even if he is her mate, what happens when she has to mate with an Alpha? What then?

So many questions buzzed through her head and she wished they'd all just shut up.

Then, the doorknob turned.

Her mother, Rita walked in with a stern expression. Rita wasn't a very affectionate mother, not with her oldest at least. So Ellie knew she was up her to check on her progress and not to say hi.

"How's your lesson going?" Rita questioned.

"Just fine." Ellie sighed.

"Why do you smell..." her mom sniffed the air.

"Okay, rude."

"You smell like another wolf!" Her mother gasped.

Fuck...

"Maybe you're just smelling things. Smells do tend to travel by air." Ellie tried to lie.

"You snuck out on your lessons to be with a make wolf?!" Her mother snapped.

"No, I mean I snuck out, but I didn't go see some boy." Ellie said without thinking.

"Unbelievable! Your jeopardizing your future for some mutt! Wait till your father hears about this." Rita stormed out in anger.

"Great... that's just f*cking lovely." Ellie sighed and leaned back in her chair.

She was going to get it now. Accidentally find your soul mate and now I'm about to get a chasity belt for something I didn't do.

Ellie truly hated the idea of being a Luna. All that stress, that pressure, the responsibility. She just wanted to patrol the woods and go to battle like their soldiers. Sometimes she felt they had it easier. At least they didn't have to worry about having some strangers pups one day.

Ellie waited in her room, not sure how her dad was going to react to the news.

You should've told her you found your mate! Maybe she'd understand. Edith pleaded.

Mom blew up on me for accidentally dropping a crayon when I was five, I don't think there is even an ounce of understanding in her. Ellie told her wolf.

A little while later, a guard arrived at her door. She knew him, he was her dad's brother, Ethan. They had the same dirty blonde hair, but instead of steel grey eyes like her dad, Ethan hax pretty blue eyes. Ellie had gotten her platinum blonde hair and blue eyes from her mother though and therefore didn't look like a Cole. Her sisters both had dad's silver eyes and dirty blonde hair.

"Uncle Ethan, come to visit?" Ellie smiled.

He frowned, "No, pup, I come to get you."

"Get me for what?" She was confused.

"Your dad wants me to escort you down to the council room. He wants a word with you." Ethan's eyes were soft and had a hint of sadness.

Something was definitely wrong. Nonetheless, she agreed to follow Ethan downstairs. She felt the walls crashing around her and as she faced her trail. Why hadn't her dad come to talk to her? Why was he in the council room?

Ethan opened the door to the coucil room and Ellie stepped in. She quickly noticed her parents sitting at the end of the table. Her grandparents sitting to the right of her father. Mom looked disgusted and mortified. Dad looked angry. This was not going to go over well.

As she looked around she spotted some diplomats from the surrounding clans. Though she didn't know who represented which clan or even who they were.

"Eleonora Cole, come forward." Her father's voice boomed.

Ellie cautiously walked up to the end of the table. All eyes were on her. Though the fact he had called her by her real name and not the nickname 'Ellie' He had given her when she was a little girl scared her.

"Your mother had informed me that you snuck out of your room while you studying, is this true?" He asked.

"Yes, sir." She didn't dare lie to her father.

"And that you met with a boy?" He peered across the table at her.

"I ran into a guy I didn't know, but I didn't-"

"Silence! Do you have any idea who you have insulted me?!" He growled.

"I told you she was nothing, but trouble. Unfit to be a Luna." Her grandma glared.

"I don't know how she is even my daughter. I was never so disrespectful!" Her mother mocked.

The only one who didn't seem to be judging her was her uncle. He stood behind her father. His silver eyes were obviously filled with pain as he sympathized with her.

"I wasn't going to do this till you were older, but you've left me no choice. Eleonora, you will marry a wolf from one of our rival clans and take your outlandish behavior with you. I will not have a daughter under my roof who does not respect my wishes." Her father wouldn't even look at her.

One of the diplomats spoke up, a little small woman, "We think she should have a pregnancy test before we offer her hand in marriage."

"I didn't do anything! There's no way I'm pregnant!" Ellie gasped, feeling humiliated.

"You met a strange male wolf! You did plenty!" Her mother growled.

"If Ellie is pregnant-"

"Which I am not!" She snapped back.

"Then she will have to have an abortion before the marriage. No Alpha wants to raise another man's pup. Especially if it's some Rouge." The little woman finished.

"Very well." Her father nodded.

"What?! You can't expect me to go get tested and then go marry some male I've never even laid eyes on! I'm not some toy!" She growled and hollered out in annoyance.

Her mother smirked, "It's not so bad. You marry him, give him a few kids and then you never have to talk to him again. You can go see as many Rouge males as you like."

"For the last time, I am not seeing a Rouge male! He was from a pack! Not a Rouge!" Ellie said without thinking.

The room gasped and her father slammed his hands on the table, "Eleonora, you will do as I say. You will marry whoever the hell I tell you to marry and you will do as he says. Do not question your Alpha! Now, Ethan, take her to her to the clinic and get her tested."

Ellie went to protest, when she heard her father's voice in her head.

You will do as your told right now or so help me, I'll marry you to a Rouge! He scolded her through mind link.

Feeling defeated, she turned and left with her uncle. Her mother had always been nasty, but that that was the meanest thing she had ever done.