𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ╱ hairo: lower two ( pt one )

      Mirai wished her sensei would come back soon. When Sayuri was gone, it made her feel incapable of concentrating on anything but the absence of the 18-year-old. Her arms extend out into the grass in the back of their home, massaging the green flora in an attempt to ground herself. To 'resonate with nature' and feel the passing of the clouds overhead. It had been one of the first things she was taught in order to become a user of Cloud Breathing, and now it calmed her racing thoughts to stare at the giant white puffs in the sky.

     Sayuri hadn't written to Mirai on this mission yet, and even Fumihito had visited the home a few times to see if his biggest problem-causer had returned. He seemed much more worried than the young girl, likely because Mirai had seen her mentor in action many times before. She'd slain close to 50 demons now at the rank of Kinoe, something that had taken years to achieve. There was nothing Sayuri couldn't conquer, so why would some passing job be the one to take her away?

     Mirai hoped that if the woman was in real danger she'd send Miso to fetch her student. Now that Mirai had officially joined the Demon Slayer Corps after a long seven days in Final Selection, the current Mizunoto could help Sayuri on her missions! She'd already been well-versed in swordsmanship, and the only reason she took so long to attend the selection was Sayuri's hesitance.

     "Fukunaga-sensei," Mirai had asked eight months after training her hardest in Cloud Breathing, "-I believe I'm ready for Final Selection, if you'd let me attend?"

     "No." Sayuri was writing a letter to her brother Giyuu, whom she talked about near-daily to Mirai. She had set down the pen with trembling hands before turning to her student, "It is too dangerous. I need to be completely sure of your abilities before considering letting you go."

     "I know you're scared of the demon!" Mirai didn't quite know how to go about the topic, but that probably hadn't been the right way. Her empathy towards those who experienced agony and grief in their lives was as heartfelt as she could make it. She was lucky to only be joining the Corps because she had the skills to do it, not because of tragedy striking her mentality and dragging her into something she didn't necessarily want. Sayuri struggled with things Mirai had yet to understand, making it difficult for the younger to sympathize.

     "I am, that I do not deny. But please understand I am only looking out for you just as I feel fit," Sayuri's eyes lock onto Mirai's, open and all-telling, "-I have seen and experienced what Final Selection... what that monster can do to people. Please give me a little while longer. Until then, you may write whatever you'd like to Giyuu while I make us dinner."