𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ╱traveling into the past

      "Mitsuri?" Mirai held her blade in front of her, wrists shaking as she glanced over at her friend. It seemed the other was just as nervous, as their teachers were both promised the Mizunoto would still acquire the needed training while they were gone. In the back of their minds, growing concerns about Sayuri, Kyojuro, and Giyuu's safety purged their concentration. However, the four adults who offered to train them presented far more urgent concerns.

     When one is mentored by that of Hashira-level Demon Slayers, it should've been clear that they'd be trained by someone of similar standing. So when the girls, one of definite Tsuguko status and the other close to it, were brought to a spectacular estate to train with another Hashira, a whole new world opened to them.

     "Yeah?" Mitsuri squeaks and watches an incredibly tall, and muscular, male pace in front of them. He held himself with pride, posture strong and ready to fight whatever came at him. Mirai would prefer that not be her, yet here she was.

     "First! You two should learn how to put some flare into your style!" Tengen Uzui points colored nails at both girls, smiling when sighting their own painted nails. His first request for their training was to boost "confidence," as he put it.

     His wives Suma, Makio, and Hinatsuru had been the ones to help prepare Mirai and Mitsuri to fit Tengen's flare. Mirai had fiery red nails but refused any heavy makeup besides two puffs of blush, the texture of it all felt heavy on her skin. Mitsuri's nails were soft pink and green, just like her hair, and she also had blush with shiny lipgloss. To Mirai, she looked like a beautiful model you'd see showing off the finest clothing you could buy in Japan, not a Demon Slayer. It was thrilling.

     "Second! My wives have offered to teach you to wield weapons that won't kill a demon, but slow one down. An essential in battle, if you're taught well enough! You will work with them before reaching your other segment of training with me, which will strengthen your body to new heights! Now, let's begin!"

     Mirai and Mitsuri both gulp.

     "'Yuri, you don't have to become a Hashira." Giyuu breaks hours of silence on the Slayers' walk to their next kill. Lower Rank Four, the demon who had killed Sayuri's parents and brought the woman to where she was now. Even Rengoku, a loud and boisterous man, had fallen silent in the tension radiating off of the Kinoe. There had been no reunion of the siblings since Giyuu and Sayuri had finally rekindled, as much as Sayuri longed to dive into deep conversation with her brother.