End of the Line

Wren was packing up her room in the dorm house, putting all her belongings haphazardly into her bag. She wasn't due to report back to her assignment for a couple weeks so she was trying to plan for the upcoming days. The team had planned to get together for the last time tonight at the Hard Deck to celebrate the time they had spent together over the last couple weeks. 

Payback and Bob were due back to their assignments sooner than everyone else so they planned to be at the bar early so that people could call it an early night if needed. Wren suspected that they might just end up travelling hungover. With it being the last night Wren decided against wearing her uniform and put on a sundress instead. Heading downstairs she saw that she wasn't the only one with this idea, seeing that everyone else was dressed in their civilian clothes. Rooster of course was wearing his classic Hawaiian shirt over a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans that hugged him in all the right places. Wren approached and tucked her hands into his back pockets causing him to choke slightly on his beer.

"Hands off the merchandise Atlas."

"My bad," she replied pulling her hands back. Rooster turned around and ran his hands down her back stopping at the small of her back.

"I can't seem to return the favour," instead he lowered his hands further until they reached her thighs. The tips of his fingers reached up and under her dress, feeling warm on her thighs.

"Hey keep it PG-13, Bob can't watch an R-rated movie until he grows a beard," Hangman called from the back door of the dorm house. 

At the same time, Rooster, Wren, and Bob all gave Hangman the finger. 

The team piled into a couple cars and headed over to the Hard Deck. The team spent the night playing pool, singing along to the jukebox, and dancing. As the end of the night was drawing near and the bar had started to clear out, Rooster once again walked over to the jukebox unplugging it. Taking up his position on the piano seat, Rooster started playing 'Great Balls of Fire.' As they were crowded around singing along to Rooster's piano, Penny came around from the bar with a polaroid camera, snapping a picture of the team. Wren took the picture from Penny shaking it out to see some of her favourite people happier than she had seen them in a long time. 

Taking a tack she took the polaroid over by the front door, hanging it up next to the picture of her days from Top Gun initially. Rooster came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her neck. 

"This is a good picture. I want to keep this," he said nodding to the picture where you could see Wren propped on Rooster's knee as he played, singing loudly, while Rooster gazed at her with a look of adoration. 

"No!" Wren exclaimed. "It needs to stay here. We have to memorialize ourselves as the best pilots Top Gun has ever seen."

"I believe I'm the best pilot Top Gun has ever seen, you were the best backup," Rooster said. 

Wren's mouth dropped open as Rooster laughed at her shocked face.

"You're dead Bradley," Wren said stepping towards him.

"Bradley? That's brutal," he said walking slowly backwards. Wren lunged forward to try to catch Rooster but he turned and ran off down the beach. Wren chased after him catching up only when Rooster slowed down to let her. Rooster tackled her into the sand and the two made themselves comfortable watching the stars.