Chapter 11

Some more time had passed, and very quickly, the news of the Avatar being alive spread throughout the Fire Nation, especially through the ships that sailed the waters around the world.

Zeraphina and Zuko stayed close to each other after losing the Avatar, both of them having some of regret or remorse of not being able to capture him.

Zuko felt angry because he wasn't able to capture the Avatar, regretting letting his guard down even for a moment.

Zeraphina however, though she was glad that Aang was back with his friends, as the world needed him to be, she felt some regret about letting him go alone. She knew that she had to stay with the Prince for the time being, not just because of her dreams. One day she would join the Avatar and his friends, but not until the time was right.

"I'm so sick of this!" Zuko shouted as he paced around in his room, Zeraphina watching as he walked back and forth in his anger and frustration.

"How could I have let my guard down so easily! I knew that Zhao plays dirty and I shouldn't have fell into his hands like that!"

"My Prince, you have to calm down." Zeraphina tried to calm her friend, "Your flames will go out of control if you don't calm down, even just a little."

"How can I just calm down, Zera? The Avatar was right in my hands and I let him get away."

"You didn't know that Zhao would have that kind of defense with him. How were we supposed to know that he would be keeping such skilled archers by his side at that very location?" She argued back, "Face it, My Prince, you knew from the very start of this journey that capturing the Avatar was not going to be easy. Now that we've found that he is alive, it will be much more difficult than before. So just sit down, take a breath and relax."

Zuko looked over at his friend and saw her warm smile, a smile that she gave to him many times when they were younger. It was one of the very few things that made him calm down just a little. Slowly, he took in a deep breath and sat next to her on the bed. He lay his hands on his lap and closed his eyes, focusing on his breathing in order to relax for a short time.

Zeraphina watched as he calmed down for a moment. She decided to have just a little bit of fun and made a flame that burned with Zuko's image as the Fire Lord.

"See now, My Prince?" She said, making the prince open his eyes to see the flame in her hands, "The Fire Nation will need a ruler that is as calm as this flame, but can burn just a brightly as the sun above. That is a ruler that a Nation desires and needs. And in order for you to become that kind of Fire Lord, you need to be calm and not let your frustrations cloud your eyes from your goal."

The flame went out, but not before showing Zuko's face turning to anger. The flame flickered and faded away from Zeraphina's grasp, signifying how he would fall with frustrations such as his. Zuko couldn't help but crack a barely visible smile at what his friend had done. It brought him back to their childhood days, when she would show off the many kinds of shapes she could make with her white fire.

It was always a sight for him to see, and Zuko would never tire of watching as she messed around with her fire.

Just then, a knock came from Zuko's door. When it opened, Iroh was standing in the doorway with a kind smile.

"Prince Zuko, Zeraphina, if you are up to it, would you care to join me for a cup of tea?" Iroh asked.

Zuko was about to deny his uncle's offer, but Zeraphina took him by the hand and dragged him off the bed.

"That would be great, Master Iroh." She said and dragged Zuko to Iroh's room to enjoy a calming cup of tea. 

They all sat down at the small table with a steeping pot of tea in the center. Iroh gently poured the tea into their cups.