Short: A Dream to be remembered

Y/n pov:

*gasp*

I'm in a weird void? Last thing I remember is falling asleep with Tails.

I kept on walking through the void only for trees to rise out of the ground like in an Assasin's Creed game during the loading sequences.

My vision went yellow somewhat similar to DeadEye but brighter and it gave me a more honorable sense

Y/n: "Hello? Anybody there?"

A deer quickly frolics across my line of sight and I run towards it only for it to disappear

Out of nowhere 2 unknown humans appear behind me

Spirit 1: "Well hello there BOAH! Uh if you'se even is a boah.."

Spirit 2: "The hell is that thing? This isn't what I had in mind when you said somebody was carrying our honor! I expected a human not a.. whatever that is."

Y/n: "Hey!"

Spirit 2: "IT TALKS!"

Spirit 1: "Well hello ther' boah. It seems as if you've got yourself my hat."

Y/n: "You mean my gambler hat?"

Spirit 1: "Yeah that, except it's actually mine. You see, I'm the human that originally owned it. Joh- *groan* this other spirit here was the second person to wear it."

Spirit 2: "Abigail sure would've thought I was drunk off somewhere lyin' down in the mud if I told her about this."

Y/n: "What?"

Spirit 1: "You see, I'm the man from your little story times."

Y/n's eyes open in surprise

Y/n: "So you're the man who lived a life where you was bein' hunted?"

Spirit 1: "Yes that is indeed me. And your past dreams might've included some deers."

Y/n: "How'd you know?"

Spirit 1: "Well you and I are linked. Think of yourself as my brother in arms."

Y/n: "Alright.."

Spirit 1: "Listen kid, you might go through some tough times, but just know that there are people who cared alright?"

Spirit 2: "Yeah don't make the same mistake I did. It ended with me gettin' gunned down and one of my final words being to my son."

Spirit 1: "Alright kid don't worry too much but whatever you do, don't go down a bad path. You don't get to live a bad life and have good things happen to ya. Revenge is a fool's game."

Spirit 2: "Just live with high honor and it'll play out in the best scenarios."

Y/n: "Understood."

Spirit 1: "Now get on out 'ere, they need ya boah!"

Y/n: "Thank you? And what's both your names?"

Spirit 1 and 2 at the same time

Spirit 1: "The names Arth-"

Spirit 2: "The name's John Ma-"

You woke up.