EPILOGUE

"Kahit ngayon lang. Join this rally and you can do whatever you want again."

I massage my temple as I listen to dad. I'm already inside this car yet I know he's monitoring me if I'm really going or not. I am not fun of rallies, but campaigning from house to house is an exception. It usually gives me so much fun than doing it in the crowd because in that way I can interact with other people face to face and have a small talk with them.

"Dad, yes, we are entering the stadium already." I said.

"Oh that's good! Susunod na kami diyan!" He enthusiastically said before ending the call.

I exhaled deeply before opening the door. There were a large number of people waiting on the sidelines, and they were all shouting with various emotions. I then smiled at everyone as I exited the car.

"Hello, everyone!" I greeted them.

I was ready to enter the stadium when I heard a gunshot from out of the blue.

"Shit! Baba!" The police officers who were patrolling yelled.

Vehicles windows were shattered. I quickly lowered myself to the ground and covered my head with my hands. Both the armed men and the police were firing at each other. Fuck! Why can't the Police shoot them!? It was just a fucking easy target!

I was about to locate a firearm when a woman appeared out of nowhere, causing my head to droop further. And yet another gunshot was fired in our direction. Thankfully, she pushed my head downward, preventing the bullet from entering my head. I stared at her incredulously, wondering who she was.

"Who are you?" I asked but she just replied...

"Shh! Dito tayo sa likod!" She took hold of my hand and led the way back to the van's rear.

I eventually just followed her. Napaigik ito nang biglang tumama ang baril sa poste sa harapan namin. She looked so scared. In the first place, why the hell is she here!? Gusto ba niyang mamatay!?

"Fuck! Come here!" I had a firm grip on her hand, which caused her to accidentally bump into me. Naamoy ko pa ang kakaibang bango niya. Oh damn! Not now! "You fucking came here without thinking that you'd be shot!?"

"E muntik ka na nga kanina! Sa ulo pa kung hindi lang ako dumating!" she even said like her life was not important!

I gave her a dismissive shook of the head. Just how dare she put herself in harm's way to save the life of a stranger? Nakawala din kami roon at iginaya ako sa kung saan. That day, I also met her mom and she met dad that actually changed my whole being.

"Dad! I told you! I don't need a P.A! Sagabal lang 'yan!" I am trying to convince him.

Tinitigan lang ako nito ng nakakatakot. "I also told you that whatever l'll say, susundin mo!"

Before I could talk, a person knocked on the door. When I turned to look at my father, he just gave me the signal to open it. Bagsak balikat ko 'yon binuksan at agad bumungad ang babae na walang katakot-takot sumugal.

She had the perfect hair color and highlights for her. She had a smile that would bring all men to their knees. Her eyes were round. Matangos ang ilong at may mapulang labi.

"Hello po!" masayang bati niya na nagpabalik sa akin sa katinuan.

I just looked at her coldly. "What are you doing here?"

"Zyle! Let her come inside!" Si dad.

"Pasok daw po ako!" Parang pinipikon pa niya ako dahil hinawi niya ako sa may pintuan!