Social Awkwardness or Antisocial?

You blink again.

Surely everyone has heard of The Academy. There were rumors about it even. They say it was a place for monsters and demons. A prison. But what's that got to do with you?

"What about it?" You ask, your (E/C) orbs locking gazes with his.

Smoker shifts his position, feet up on the dark wooden coffee table that sat in the middle of the living room. "I'm sure you've heard the rumors of that place," You nod. "About monsters and demons and such..." You nod again. He sighs and propped up his chin with a knuckle.

"Well, actually, that's not entirely true."

The seriousness of his tone made you have goosebumps. You did NOT like where this was going.

"The Academy is a school for people with-" He looks to you. "-certain ABILITIES-powers, as some people call it."

You open your mouth to question but quickly shut it.

"The Academy is hidden from society. No one knows where it is. Not even the World Government knows where it is." He pauses, blowing out a stream of smoke from his mouth. "That's why it's such a secure haven for them."

"Them?"

"People like you."

"Eh?"

"You didn't think that you and the government were the only freaks on the planet, did you?" Smoker lets out a low chuckle. "Your parents told me that when things start to get rough, they would have to call The Academy and keep you there."

You nod absentmindedly. "Yeah..." Frowning, you began to think about what he just said before looking back at him in shock. "Wait, WHAT?!"

"You're going to The Academy." He states.

"To hell with The Academy! I ain't going to that prison!" You stood up, ice packs falling down to the floor with a thud, and briskly walk away from him and into your room.

Smoker sighs heavily. "Stubborn girl..."

~

"I can't believe you called my parents..." You grumble as you wait for the bus with Smoker standing beside where you were sitting down.

Unfortunately you weren't greeted today with the warm sunshine. Grey clouds hover over the city, indicating that there would be a strong rain shower later. You sat on the sidewalk with your trunk as your chair. It was a fairly large trunk since you had to bring all your clothes with you and everything else you needed.

"Don't pout, (Name)," Smoker says, putting a hand on your head. "Think of it as a boarding school."

You scoff at him and swat his hand away. "Yeah, sure, a boarding school full of super powered freaks!"

"You do know that you're one of them?" He blinks.

You scoff again and frown even more, chin on hands. The sound of a bus interrupts your sulking and you turn to see an average-looking yellow school bus with the words "The Thousand Sunny" printed on its sides. "THAT is the school bus? I expected something a bit more...different." You stare at the bus then at the driver. He was a large well-built man with blue hair sticking up like a duck's tail. Even though he wore sunglasses, you could feel his hard gaze at you.

"Time to go, (Name)." Smoker calls you back into reality. He closes the bus luggage door and walks over to you as you slowly peek inside the open doors with wary eyes.

The driver was frowning at your somewhat paranoid state and honks once, making you jump out of your skin. "Just get in already, will ya? I've got more brats to pick up." He says before turning his eyes back to the road.