First Date 2/2

You sat inside of Sanji's cafe with Sabo sitting across from you. Students from your class were taking glances every now and then at your table. It sort of felt awkward and uncomfortable but you didn't want to ruin the date by complaining.

"You okay?" asked Sabo as he stops eating and looks at you with a worried expression.

"S-Sorry, I'm not used to getting stared at by people." You admit self-consciously and start hiding your face with your hair.

Sabo blinks and looks around the room. He noticed some men were grinning at you with lustful gazes. Their mouths were practically drooling at the sight of you and he could almost see what they were thinking of doing. He scoffs at them and stands up unexpectedly making you flinch in surprise.

"Sabo?" You began to ask but stopped as he pulls his chair beside yours and moves his plate, placing an arm over your shoulder protectively with a scowl on his face.

You shrink in your seat from the dark aura that was releasing from him. You never thought he could look so... terrifying.

He was glaring at a group of guys from across the room and you watch as they started for the door with scared looks on their faces like they had just seen the devil. You look up at Sabo and tremble from his threatening glare towards the door.

You gingerly reach out and placed your hand on his cheek, making him stiff and slowly calming down when he felt your hands shake slightly.

"Are you okay?" You ask as you draw your hand back from him. He catches your wrist and frowns at you. "Sabo?" You whisper.

His eyes switched from anger to sadness to apologetic.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you off." He sighs, rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb. His expression towards you were of love and adoration. It made you feel... special.

"Did they do something to you?" You inquire, motioning to the door where the group had left suddenly, and frown at the possibility. If they did do something then you were going to kick their ass for it.

Sabo shakes his head and sighs, leaning his head against yours and smiling.

"No. I was just-" He hums in thought for a bit, searching for the right words before shrugging. "Angry at them, I guess."

Before you could ask any further, the service bell rang and Sanji's voice called out loud for Koala to pick up her drinks. Wait... Koala?!

A familiar brunette walked up to the counter and got a tray of coffee from Sanji. As she turns towards her table, she notices you and Sabo, and starts grinning with a happy look on her face. You hide your blushing face with your hands while Sabo waves using the hand that was still over your shoulder.

Koala walks over to the table. She looks at you then at Sabo then back at you then back at Sabo. "How come you never told me about this, (Name)?!" Koala shrieks excitedly. "I feel so cheated! I cannot believe you kept this a secret from me! So this is why you were so stressed earlier!"

Sabo smirks and nudges you. You remove your hands from your face and pout at the giddy brunette as she jumps for joy. "Koala I-"

"Hush! I want you to tell me all the details later! Enjoy your date!" She hollers the last word and bounces out of the cafe with her coffee. You groan and felt all eyes were on you and Sabo, which they were and you could hear Sanji practically yelling at Sabo to remove his arm off of you.

You left the cafe an hour later after finishing your awkward breakfast with Sabo. You say "awkward" because Sanji was shouting at him half of the time because Sabo completely ignored his threats. He led you to the center of the festival where a snow cone stand was set up surrounded by actual snow.