1.25

Ring

Ring

Ring

The sound of my phone ringing for the hundredth time today. Still half asleep, I bat at it blindly, instinctively trying to turn off an alarm.

I groaned a little, managing to open my eyes just enough to blink at the screen.

It was only then that I realized there was no alarm to deactivate. My screen displayed a notification of four missed calls.

The notification appeared once again. My screen flashed with Taehyun's name.

I groaned once again."It's 6:23 in the morning," I mumbled under my breath. I swiped to answer.

"What?" I said in the raspiest voice ever.

"Chaeryeong?"

Being still half asleep, I nodded into the phone. It took me a while to respond. "Yeah."

"Wake up, or you'll be late for school," he said, his voice full of energy. How could anyone have this much energy at this hour?

"It's 6:30, and school doesn't start till 8:00."

"I know you take long in the morning."

There was a brief moment of uncomfortable silence.

"My mom is driving me. Do you want me to come to pick you up?"

"You don't have to do that."

"I don't mind."

"I can just take the bus," I argued back.

"I want to pick you up."

"Okay," I sighed.

"We'll be there by 7:30."

"Okay," I said again, still tired.

"Don't think about going back to bed. I'll call back."

"Fine." I sat up from my bed with a loud sigh. I quickly hung up the phone on him, annoyed.