2.50

All day, I could just hear people whispering and talking about me

All day, I could just hear people whispering and talking about me. I can't take this. I don't need this right now.

It was time for study hall, where most students spend time in the library. Ryujin and I usually hang out in a random classroom and consume snacks. We both hate studying. I'm not sure what to do now that we're not on speaking terms.

I walked down the empty halls. Two people in the hall started whispering, and I sped past them quickly, turning. As I turned, I bumped into Ryujin.

She glared at me and tried to walk away, but I grabbed her hand. "Ryujin," I whispered.

She was quick to remove my hand from hers. "What do you want?" She folded her arms.

"Stop ignoring me. We need to talk."

"Talk about what? Chaeryeong, I have nothing to say to you."

I went silent. I knew I had to say something, but I couldn't think of anything. I don't know where to start.

"Do you like Beomgyu?" Ryujin bluntly asked.

"What?" I said, surprised. I didn't expect her to be that straightforward.

My biggest fear is coming true. The day Ryujin would look me in the eyes and ask that question. Now I must ask myself that very same question.

Do I like Beomgyu?

"No."

Ryujin sucked her teeth. She tilted her head and chuckled. "Liar!"

"I mean, I used to, but everything's a misunderstanding."

"A misunderstanding?" Ryujin spoke with disbelief.

"I never flirted with him. Ryujin, you have to believe me. I would never go behind your back."

"Do you see the look on your face right now?"

"What?" I touched my face.

"You're practically shaking Chaeryeong. No one would act like this unless they knew they got caught."