2.00

Today my friend group decided to go to the arcade. Kai has been talking nonstop about an arcade with a good deal. Every Friday, everything is 50% off for students. Kai had been begging for the past week, and finally, everyone gave in.

We all agreed before there was tension in the air. Now things are just super awkward. Ryujin is ignoring me. Beomgyu and Ryujin are ignoring each other. I'm avoiding everyone. Everyone else decided to just let the drama drown itself out.

Things are just tense.

All ten of us are walking down the street. Taehyun was walking in the back with me. Everyone else was chatting and yelling in front of us. Kai was the loudest.

"The ground can't be that interesting."

I looked up, and Taehyun was talking to me. I didn't even realize I was staring at the floor for so long.

I chuckled a little and folded my arms. "Shouldn't you be up there with them?"

"And listen to Kai's dolphin yell. I'm good."

We both laughed at each other. As soon as I giggled, I noticed Beomgyu turn around. Our gazes met each other, and he just smiled at me. I returned my gaze to the ground and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"What was that about?" Taehyun asked.

"I really don't know. He's been acting strange lately," I shrugged.

"Why don't you go talk to the girls?" Taehyun pointed. Ryujin, Lia, Yeji, and Yuna were all walking side by side with each other. They took up the whole sidewalk. Yuna seemed to be telling a dramatic story that had all their attention.

I shook my head. "I don't think Ryujin would like that."

"They're your friends too, Chaer."

"You don't want me to hang out with you." I looked at him with a fake frown.

"Don't disguise your sadness with jokes." Taehyun chuckled.

"Damn, since when did you become my therapist."