Chapter 6: It Clicks Into Place

Previously
Tâylor's POV
"I think the important thing is to know if you love him and only you can know that Taylor." She answered, getting the ice cream out of the freezer.

It was chocolate flavoured. My favourite.

Tâylor's POV

I had no idea how I was supposed to know if I love Ed or not.

He was the sweetest guy ever but I don't know about love.

After 6 breakups, 6 broken promises, 6 incredibly hurtful times, I vowed not to fall in love. It just hurts or bleeds or fades in time, as I had written in State Of Grace.

I knew love was trouble, but I also knew love was my weakness, one of my many flaws.
Just when you think you are single and happy it strikes you right in the heart. It leaves you breathless but vulnerable.

It was about 12pm and Abigail had just left.

We had tried to untangle the mess using several different tactics, but it just made it more complicated. Abigail had told me just to go with the flow and see what happens, after we realised it was no use.

I checked my phone.

No texts but a missed call from Selena.

I wasn't in the mood to talk so I went on Instagram and liked a couple of Swifties photos (they're so cute).

It was going to be hard for me to go with the flow when Ed and I weren't speaking. I really wanted to just wanted to figure it out with a snap of my fingers but it's never that easy.

Suddenly my phone buzzed.

My phone screen light up saying:

Ed: Take ur time, but just know that I'll care about you no matter what.

Just like that memory's flooded in.

Ed comforting me after not winning any Grammys.
Ed complimenting me at an interview.
Ed and I writing Everything Has Changed on my trampoline.
Ed and I hanging out and taking selfies.
Ed and I performing in The Red Tour.

Warmth flooded me as I thought about the wonderful times, I could trust Ed with my life.

And then it triggered in my mind:

I like Ed Sheeran, my best friend.

Ęd's POV

I sent the text hoping Taylor would know that even if she didn't like me back (which is very likely), I would forgive her and still love her, friend or no friend.

I was definitely regretting what I did. It put our whole friendship in jeopardy.

I love Taylor Alison Swift and there's nothing I can do about it.

But seriously, if you hung out with her for a couple of days you'd fall in love with her too.

She's too beautiful for her own good.

Next day.

I had to go to an interview in 2 hours and I honestly really didn't want to go.

I was not in the mood to fake smile and answer stupid questions all day. Which was unusual because I usually love interviews.

I decided to FaceTime some fans because they always made me happy and it was also a good way to pass time.

Getting some numbers from my fan manager I rang the first one, a 13 year old girl named Elly or on Instagram:
@/sheeriotothemax.

A blurry face popped onto my screen, a teenage brunette in the backdrop of a busy house-hold.

"Hello, it's Elly speaking." She looked at the phone and gasped.

"Hi Elly! I'm Ed."

"Ed Sheeran?" Elly held up her phone. "H-how?"

"Yep that's me. You emailed me your phone number and I decided to ring you."

Finally believing me she started screaming.

"Oh my god, I can't believe it! Ed Sh-sheeran is talking to me." Elly fanned her face and tears started streaming from her eyes.

"Mum, dad, come quick! This is unbelievable!"

Her parents rushed to her side and gawked when they saw my face.

"Isn't that the boy your always talking about?" The man asked.

I chuckled. "Thank you so much for all your support and I love you Elly. Bye!"

"Ahhhh!!!!!" She fangirled in reply and I hung up.

Elly had definitely raised my spirits.

I rang a couple more fans making sure to like some of there pics on Instagram after I finished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At The Interview
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hi Ellen!" I waved to the crowd and walked to the couch.

Ellen jumped up and hugged me, and I sat down on the chair opposite her.

She asked a couple of questions about my latest album and we played a funny game.

When she started talking about my collaboration with Taylor I started to get worried.

The staff had asked me about any touché subjects I wanted Ellen to avoid but I told them anything was okay. I didn't want them to suspect anything.

"So, you did a collaboration with Taylor Swift called Everything Has Changed." Ellen began and a part of the music video we shot came on the big screen.

I nod.

"How was that? Did you have any tension between you two?"

I laughed. "No not really, when we were writing the song, whenever we had a disagreement, Taylor just pointed to one of her Grammys and I agreed."

The crowd roared with laughter.

"There have been rumours going on about you and Taylor, are they true?" Ellen winks.

Oh god.

My mind was frantically trying to find a funny answer.

"No! Me and Taylor are just friends. While I admit she's pretty we really are only in the friend zone."

Really Ed, that's the best you could think of! I thought.

My brain face-palmed while my face struggled to not cringe.

"How's Taylor's song writing skills?"

Oh good, an easy one. I thought.

"Her skills are amazing! She puts a lot of thought in each line and the lyrics are filled with true emotions. She thinks of a melody so fast and it's great to work with someone that good." My heart filled with pride.

Ellen asked a bunch of other questions and it was finally over.

Not to bad overall except the rumour question.

Way to make it obvious, Ed. I thought.

The staff patted me on the back and told me everything went well and I did a good job.

I thanked them and walked to my limo, but not before I was bombarded with fans.

After what seemed an age I finally got home.

END OF CHAPTER

Hi guys! Long chapter today. Hope it wasn't to boring. I mentioned a Instagram username and I want to let you know that I'm sorry for mentioning the name if it's yours. Please message me if you want me to remove it.

I've reached 900 reads and I'm so grateful! This story probably sucks but thank you for reading it!