Chapter 9: The Date (Part 1)

Taylor's outfit.

Tâylor's POV

It was Tuesday morning and I hurried to get ready for the date today.

I took a quick selfie with Meredith and posted it on Twitter and Instagram. I made sure to like a couple of my Swifties photos, double checked my schedule to make sure I definitely had nothing to happening and contacted my personal assistant, letting her know what was happening today.

I got changed into a blue blouse and blue floral print skirt. (A/N: As much as I love it, let's pretend the Begin Again M/V never happened. K? K.) The outfit was very blue.

I picked out a quirky pair of earrings that some people might question, but I knew Ed would love them. They had a combination of pink and white pearls and an assortment of plastic roses.

I went into the kitchen and pondered on what to eat for the first meal of the day.

After rummaging through my cooking cupboards for a minute, I found a un-used waffle maker that I got as a birthday present ages ago. I couldn't even remember who gave it to me.

I decided to make blueberry waffles with lots of whipped cream.

Taking a bite of my newly made waffle I got a feeling. Like a warm glowing.

I looked around and realised it was just a picture on the wall, of Ed and I.

"Ed is just the cutest" I laughed to myself.

When it was time to go I walked out the door, turned the lock and put my headphones on.

The air was bright as I walked into the heart of New York and I realised much too late that I forgot to ring my driver.

Having no other choice, I flagged a taxi and readied myself.

A taxi pulled over but before I could open the back door and enter the vehicle, the taxi man practically flung himself out of the car and stumbled onto the pavement towards where I was standing.

He literally bowed in my presence and I couldn't help laughing at his awkwardness.

"Hello Miss Swift."

"No, no, no, please. Call me Taylor." I smiled warmly.

"Thank you Taylor. My daughter is a giant fan. Please could I Skype her?"

I didn't see why not, so I nodded.

The app loaded and the taxi man called opened a contact called 'Nye-Nye👣' and called. (A/N where did he get the wifi?!?)

'Nye-Nye👣' answered and a blurry face appeared on the phone screen.

It was a teenager with dyed white and green hair with a faded library in the background. She looked annoyed at first but her face muscles loosened when she saw the ecstatic look on her fathers face.

"You better have a really good reason for calling in the middle of school and your lucky it's lunch break."

"Nyella darling, guess who it is!" The taxi man turned his phone so the camera was facing me.

That's when the screaming started.

From the background on the phone screen I could see Nyella's classmates staring at her weirdly but she didn't seem to care. The librarian tried to shush Nyella but she ignored her.

"Is it really her?" She whisper/screamed.

"It is. It really is!" The taxi man was jumping with joy.

"I love you! Oh my god, I love you so much, Taylor!"

I smiled. "I love you too!"

The taxi man finally hung up Skype and turned to me. "Thank you so so much for doing that. You not only made my daughters day, your made her year."

-

I stared out the taxi window and looked at the passing scenery. I could tell we were getting close to the lake because of all the monsters. But they turned out to be just trees.

When it was time to get out I paid the taxi man, gave him an autograph, bid him good bye and stepped onto the fresh green grass.

It was a long walk to the place we agreed to meet up at. I had to walk up treacherous slopes and reckless paths. It had to be this way in order to keep it private.

Paparazi was not an option.

-

I gasped when I climbed over the last hill and saw the lake.

The water was sparkling, the trees surrounding it looked fresh and the air looked bright.

Ęd's POV

I was bringing the food for the picnic, so I hired a chef named Mike to help me prepare the basket.

Mike was rolling the sushi, baking the cakes, squeezing homemade lemonade and making cute little hamburgers, while I was making peanut butter sandwiches just in case we got hungry afterwards.

I printed out little quotes (one of them even Taylor's) and placed them carefully inside the basket and finished it off with a bow.

I hoped Taylor wouldn't think it was too cheesy.

When everything was set, I made sure I left 30 minutes earlier so I could get the picnic ready.

-

I was waiting on the picnic blanket when I saw her scrambling down the hill. She looked like she was in awe of the beautiful lake. She was wearing a blue t shirt (or something) and a blue flower skirt. (A/N Ed's not the best with fashion)

Seeing her whole face light up and that merry aura that surrounds her perfect body triggered something in my stomach. I realised that I would do absolutely anything for her to see her like this again.

Nothing matters if she's not happy.

When she saw me she sitting on the picnic blanket, she smiled that beautiful smile and I beckoned her over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry this update took so long I've been really busy! Thanks for reading!