Gift & No Gift

I do not own Encanto. I own nothing but my OC's

"Abre los ojos. Open your eyes."

Two little girls opened their eyes to see a beautiful candle with a butterfly pattern on it. The candle burned a beautiful light.

On a bed sat an old woman and two adorable little girls. One of them had short curly hair and wore green glasses, and the other had long wavy hair and didn't wear glasses, but she did have a pair of safety goggles on her head. Their names were Mirabel and Milagro "Mila" Madrigal.

Tonight, it was the girls' birthday.

"This is where our magic comes from?" Said Mirabel

"Mmm-hmm. This candle holds the miracle given to our family." Alma smiled, holding one granddaughter in each of her arms.

"How did we get a miracle?" Mila asked. And Abuela told them her story.

"Long ago, when my three babies had just been born, your Abuelo Pedro and I were forced to flee our home. And though many joined us, hoping to find a new home, we could not escape the dangers and your Abuelo was lost. But in our darkest moment, we were given a miracle. The candle became a magical flame that could never go out. And it blessed us with a refuge in which to live. A place of wonder."

"An Encanto." The twins breathed in awe.

"An Encanto. The miracle grew. And our house, our casita itself came alive to shelter us. When my children came of age, the miracle blessed each with a magic Gift to help us. And when their children came of age..."

"They got magic too."

"That's right. And together, our family's Gifts have made our new home a paradise. Tonight, this candle will give you your Gifts, mi vidas. Strengthen our community, strengthen our home. Make your family proud."

"Make our family proud." Said the twins in unison

Fireworks boomed outside, and Casita bumped the little clock to tell them it was time.

"Yes, yes casita, we're going." Alma said.

The girls giggled as Casita helped them put on their shoes, and the helped their grandmother up before walking with her to begin the ceremony

"What do you think our Gifts will be?"

"You are a wonder, Mirabel Madrigal. And you are a miracle, Milagro Madrigal. Whatever Gifts await will be just as special as each of you."

The twins stood at the end of the red tile resembling a red carpet. They both looked so adorable in their matching white dresses.

"Ready, Mira?" Mila whispered.

Mirabel nodded, and she held hands with Mila as they walked to their doors together.

Mila looked up and saw her parents, Bruno and Alicia, looking so proud as she and her cousin approached the candle.

Mila was so excited as she approached her door. She took a deep breath and placed her hand on the knob. The doorknob glowed, and soon did the door. Mila slowly opened the door a crack. But, before Mila could fully enjoy the moment, she stopped as she noticed something from the corner of her eye.

After Mirabel touched her door, it slowly started vanishing. Mila quickly discovered she and Mirabel weren't the only ones shocked. No one knew what happened, and the candle flickered.

"What does it mean?"

"How can this be?"

"Why is this so?"