Missing Answers

The Guzmans were on their way to the Madrigal house for Isabela's proposal dinner.
Everyone else was getting the table and the house ready for the Guzmans. Except for two cousins.
Together, Mila and Mirabel put the pieces of the vision together. Mirabel figured out which pieces went together, and Mila started gluing them together. But when they finished putting it together, they saw a picture of Mirabel in front of Casita, and it was cracked. Both Mila and Mirabel were shocked by what they saw. How was this possible?
This was one of those occasional moments when Mila didn't have an answer, not even a hypothesis.
"Miraboo," called Augustine, entering the nursery. "Hope you got your party pants on, because-"
Augustine froze when he saw what his daughter and niece had on the table behind them, which they tried to hide. Casita even nudged the table to the side to help hide it, but it was no good.
"Uh, we broke into Bruno's tower and found his lost vision, the magic is dying, and I think it's because of... me?"
Augustine got a closer look at the vision. He still didn't speak a word.
"Pa?" said Mirabel.
"Tio Augustine?" Mila said.
Augustine quickly picked up the pieces of the vision, but got glue on his hands, as it hadn't dried yet, and he hid the pieces in a bag.
"Abuela wants tonight to be perfect," said Augustine, whispering. "So, until the Guzmans leave, the two of you did not sneak into Bruno's tower, the magic is not dying. Nothing is wrong. No one has to know."
Inconveniently, the nursery door opened, and there was a gasp from across the balcony.
"I know," whispered Dolores. She squeaked and scampered off.
"She's gonna tell everyone," said Mirabel in a panic.
"Time to eat!" Abuela called from downstairs.
"Miercoles," said Augustine.
Mila got the twins and started to bring them downstairs.
"Okay, you two. You heard Tio Augustine. Both of you have to behave tonight." Mila told her brother and sister. "And we have to keep Dolores from blabbing too."

The entire Madrigal family and the Guzmans sat at the table together.
"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be so good for the Encanto," smiled Abuela.
"Yes," said Senora Guzman. "Then let's hope tonight is not a horrible disaster."
Meanwhile, Mirabel was keeping eye contact with Dolores to make sure she didn't blab what she heard about the vision.
Mila also kept an eye on Dolores, but from where she was sitting, eye contact wasn't something she could do. But she could do something else.
"To a perfect night, Salud!" Abuela raised her glass to toast, and the family complied.
Mirabel kept eye contact with Dolores, neither one of them seeming to blink at all.
"Avocado?" Mariano said, holding the bowl of avocado in front of Mirabel's face, making her lose eye contact with Dolores.
Dolores was about to blab to Camilo, when she suddenly got bopped in the head with something thrown at her. Pedro's teething ring.
Mila looked at Pedro and feigned scolding.
"Pedro, what did we say about throwing things?"
Mila gave Dolores the 'I'm watching you' gesture, then pointed at her and made a zipping motion across her mouth. Dolores sat up straight, and Mirabel resumed eye contact with her, only for it to be blocked again when Isabela passed the pitcher of water.
That was when Chika came in, sniffing at the table, wanting food.
"Milagro, I thought I told you to keep Chika out of the dining room." Abuela said.
"Sorry, Abuela." Mila said. "I'll take her outside. Vamos, perrita."
Mila left the room briefly to take her dog outside and leave her a bone to chew. But when she got back to dinner, she saw a cloud forming in the dining room.
"Pepa, the cloud." Abuela said.
"Clear skies, clear skies," Pepa whispered to herself, fingering at her hair.
Mila sat down and tried to remain calm, but then she saw her parents looking at her like they knew she was hiding something. That was when the dinner dishes started shaking, and so did the table.
"Mila, relax!" Bruno whisper yelled, knowing Mila's nerves affecting her power was the cause of the vibrating table.
"What's going on?" Mariano wondered out loud.
As if things couldn't get any worse, Mirabel found cracks under the table and bumped her head on it.
"Is everything okay?" Mariano asked.
"Everything's fine!" Mila exclaimed, forcing a smile. "We're... just excited for the proposal."
"Which you should do," said Augustine, also forcing a smile, as did Mirabel. "As fast as you can."
Mila took a slow, deep breath, mentally reciting a mantra she used in yoga class Light as air, soft as a petal, feel serenity, no despair. And the table and dishes stopped shaking almost instantly, to everyone but Mila's parents and Mirabel's confusion.
"Uh, I was actually gonna..." Mariano began, but was interrupted by Mirabel.
"You were actually gonna. Great!" Mirabel said, and she turned Isabela's chair so that she faced her boyfriend.
Then, Mariano's mother spoke up.
"Well, since everyone here has a talent, my Mariano wanted to begin with a song. Luisa, could you fetch the piano?"
"Okay." Luisa tried not to cry, but was failing miserably as she got up to go fetch the piano.
Mila and Mirabel wanted to hug her right then and there. But, they had to face other problems.
More cracks started to form, so Mirabel got up.
"It's actually family tradition to sing after," said Mirabel, pushing Mariano out from his chair and down onto one knee.
Mariano took out the ring box and began a little speech professing love for perfect Isabela. But, that was also when Mirabel saw some of Antonio's animals putting the pieces of the vision back together, and Mila saw too! Luisa also came in with the piano, but was struggling to do so. That was when the dishes and table started shaking again, this time harder.
"Will you marry..." Mariano started.
"NO!" Mirabel exclaimed, trying to stop the critters.
The dining room furniture didn't just shake. Suddenly, the table started floating, and so did some of the chairs.
"What is happening?!" Senora Guzman asked. The utensils also started floating around.
"Mirabel and Mila found Bruno's lost vision. Mirabel is in it, she's gonna destroy the magic, and we're all doomed!" Dolores blurted very quickly.
Mirabel tried to stop the animals as the vision was put on the table, and Bruno tried to grab it, but accidentally slid it over to his mother, and more cracks formed into the walls. But, that wasn't what freaked everyone out most. They still had no clue why they were floating... until Mila raised her hands and slowly lowered them, making everyone's chairs gently lower to the floor. But, that didn't stop Pepa's storm cloud from storming the dinner, or a plant hitting Mariano's nose, or Camilo's shapeshifting going out of whack. And the doors opened to reveal the whole town with a big banner, shouting "FELICIDADES!"