Surface Pressure

At breakfast the next morning, Mirabel quickly found Dolores stacking some arepas on her plate.
"Dolores, hey. Out of all my older cousins, I'd say you're pretty much my favorite cousin and I feel like I can tell you anything, which means you can tell me anything. So, I was wondering about last night, with what happened to the magic that no one seemed to know about, that you might've heard about it?"
But Mila gave an unamused look. "Um... Mira? Since when does Dolores take that many arepas?"
That was when Felix came out and said, "Camilo, stop pretending you're Dolores so you can have seconds."
'Dolores' transformed into Camilo. "Worth a shot." Then Casita bumped him with the shutters.
Mila knew her cousins all too well. That was another one of her natural gifts; she knew pretty much everything about everyone in her family and everyone in town. She was very observant of behavior, thanks to many psychology books she read, as well as hands-on experience.
Dolores popped by Mirabel and said, "The only ones worried about the magic are the two of you. Oh, and Luisa. I heard her eye twitching. All night." Dolores squeaked and left.
Mirabel and Mila saw Luisa bring out the table so the family could have breakfast. And Casita set out everyone's chairs.
Mirabel quickly got a seat next to Luisa, while Mila took a seat near her parents as they got the twins their breakfast.
Alicia fed Pedro while Bruno fed Rosella. Well, tried to.
Rosella kept trying to feed Bruno her food and ended up making a mess of eggs on him.
"Rosella, that's your breakfast," said Bruno.
"Maybe you should be the one wearing the bib, Tio." Camilo joked.
Mila started helping her father clean up while Abuela was talking. She didn't need Dolores's super hearing to hear Mirabel whispering to Luisa, asking her if she knew what was wrong with the magic.
"You do!" Mirabel exclaimed.
"Mirabel! If you are not going to pay attention, I will help you." Abuela said, and she had Casita move Mirabel's chair closest to hers.
"Now, an announcement." Abuela got up and approached her 'perfect' Isabela. "I have spoken to the Guzman's about Mariano's proposal to Isabela. Dolores, do we have a date?"
Dolores appeared to listen. "Tonight. He wants five babies." She said, making Isabela gulp and grow a bunch of purple daisies and one white one in her hair.
"Wonderful," smiled Abuela, plucking the white flower from Isa's hair. "Such a fine young man with our perfect Isabela will bring a new generation of gifts to the family. To our community. Our home is counting on us. La Familia Madrigal!"
"La Familia Madrigal!" The rest of the family cheered, and Mirabel quickly got up, only to find Luisa leaving.
Mirabel started to go after her, bumping into Isabela.
"What is your problem?!" Isabela said angrily.
"It was an accident, Diva Nature." Mila said. "Mama, Papa, I'm gonna help Luisa and Mirabel. Vamos, Chika." Mila ran off with her dog before her parents could object.

Luisa was just finishing moving the church, and then a lady asked her if she could reroute the river. Then a farmer reported that his donkeys got out again.
"On it!" Luisa called, starting to pick up the donkeys.
"I'll invent something to help keep your donkeys from escaping, Farmer Vasquez." Mila promised before following her cousins.
"Luisa, Dolores said she heard your eye twitching, and your eye never twitches, so something must be wrong." Mirabel said. 'What are you hiding?"
"Nothing. Just got a lot of chores." Luisa said.
That was when Mila popped in.
"That's what people tend to say when they're stressed Luisa." Mila pointed out.
"Nothing's wrong, cous. So, maybe you and Mira should just go home." Luisa said.
"Luisa, my house is leaning to the-" a man started, and Luisa kicked the house back into place.
"Luisa, please talk to us," said Mila.
"You're gonna make me drop a donkey," said Luisa, picking up one more.
"I can't talk to animals like Antonio, but I'm not sure the donkeys like being held like that." Mila said.
"Luisa, if something's wrong, just tell me what it is! Por favor!" Mirabel said.
"There's nothing to tell." Luisa insisted.
"You're obviously worried about something. Luisa, if you know what's hurting the magic and it gets worse because you won't tell me what's wrong-"
"NOTHING'S WRONG!" Luisa shouted, which silenced both Mirabel and Mila.
"Whoa, sorry." Luisa said, gently setting the donkeys down. "That snuck out there. What I meant to say is I'm totally fine. The magic's fine. Luisa's fine, and I'm totally not nervous." Then her eye twitched.
"Um... your eye is... doing that..." Mila started.
I'm the strong one, I'm not nervous
I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is
Luisa threw a rock up and broke it with her head to make a point.
Chika backed up with the donkeys.
I move mountains, I move churches
And I glow 'cause I know what my worth is
Luisa flexed her muscles.
I don't ask how hard the work is
Got a rough indestructible surface
Diamonds and platinum, I find 'em, I flatten 'em
I take what I'm handed, I break what's demanding
But
Under the surface
I feel berserk as a tightrope walker in a three-ring circus
Under the surface
Was Hercules ever like "Yo, I don't wanna fight Cerberus"?
Under the surface
I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service
A flaw or a crack
The straw in the stack
That breaks the camel's back
What breaks the camel's back it's
Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa
Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'till you just go pop, whoa
Give it to your sister, your sister's older
Give her all the heavy things we can't shoulder
Who am I if I can't run with the ball?
If I fall to
Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, whoa
Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow, whoa
Give it to your sister, your sister's stronger
See if she can hang on a little longer
Who am I if I can't carry it all?
If I falter
Under the surface
I hide my nerves, and it worsens, I worry something is gonna hurt us
Under the surface
The ship doesn't swerve as it heard how big the iceberg is
Under the surface
I think about my purpose, can I somehow preserve this?
Line up the dominoes
A light wind blows
You try to stop it tumbling
But on and on it goes
But wait
If I could shake the crushing weight of expectations
Would that free some room up for joy
Or relaxation, or simple pleasure?
Instead we measure this growing pressure
Keeps growing, keep going
'Cause all we know is
Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa
Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'til you just go pop, whoa-oh-oh
Give it to your sister, it doesn't hurt
And see if she can handle every family burden
Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks
No mistakes just
Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, whoa
Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it's ready to blow, whoa
Give it to your sister and never wonder
If the same pressure would've pulled you under
Who am I if I don't have what it takes?
No cracks, no breaks
No mistakes, no pressure
Mirabel and Mila could see that Luisa was stressed, overworked, and obviously needed a break. The two girls hugged Luisa.
"I think maybe you're carrying way too- much!" Mirabel and Mila felt squished as Luisa hugged both of them.
"Maybe I do overdo it." Luisa said.
"You think?" Mila said.
"There is... something. When you guys saw the cracks last night, I felt..." Luisa sounded scared. "...weak."
"What?!" Mirabel and Mila exclaimed in unison.
"How? What could be hurting the magic?" Mirabel asked.
"Don't know. But I heard Tia Alicia once that Tio Bruno had some horrible vision." Luisa explained.
But Mila shook her head and said, "Papi never even tells me about his visions. 'We don't talk about my visions' he says."
"I suggest you start with asking Tio Bruno. He wouldn't tell anyone else, but maybe he'll tell you, Mira." Luisa said, going back to helping with the donkeys.
"Hmm. Once we save the magic, I'm getting Luisa and Tia Pepa to start joining yoga." Mila said. "Let's go find my dad."