A New Foundation

The missing Madrigals rode back into the Encanto on their horse. The church bell rang as some children spotted them heading for the remains of Casa Madrigal.
Mirabel rushed over to her mother and hugged her.
"Oh, Mira. We were so worried." Julieta said.
"I'm sorry, Mama." Mirabel said.
Augustine popped in, covered in bee stings.
"There were bees... everywhere!" Augustine said. But, he reassured Mirabel he would be okay.
Mila also rushed to her mom, who held her baby brother and sister.
"Milagro Mariana Madrigal!" Alicia scolded. "Don't you ever scare your Papi and I like that again!"
"I'm sorry, Mami." Mila said. She gave her brother and sister each a kiss, and so did Bruno, who took his son into his arms.
Pedro cooed as he put his hands on his father's face. "Pa...pa."
Bruno and the rest of his family froze.
"Did you just say...?" Bruno gasped.
"Papa." Pedro said.
"You just said your first word!" Bruno exclaimed, tossing Pedro up and down, to the toddler's enjoyment.
Rosella looked like she was trying to talk too.
"Come on, Rosella." Mila said. "You can do it. Talk to your big sister Mila."
"Mila," said Rosella.
The surprise of the babies talking for the first time sent in a spark of joy for the family.
"I think everything will be okay," said Mila.
"Uh, not if we don't have a house." Camilo said, and Felix elbowed him.
"Way to be a killjoy, Camilo." Mila said sarcastically.
"What? I can't say we don't have a house? What is that? Not a house."
"But it's not anything we can't fix."
Mila looked around and sifted through the rubble, and found some things. "Hey, Chika. Look what I found!"
Mila squeaked a toy arepa, Chika's favorite toy, which the poodle got right to chewing when Mila threw it to her.
The family started to sift through the rubble too, finding a few belongings that survived. A few broken items were beyond repair, but no one was hurt, and the family was all together. That was all that mattered. And soon, they weren't alone anymore.
Soon, everyone in town came to help the Madrigals fix their home. Mila managed to scrounge some parts from some of her old inventions and rebuild them to help with construction. Everyone worked together to create a new, stronger foundation for the new Casita. The Madrigals even got a good taste of how to work without their gifts. With help from Mirabel's determination, and Mila's smarts and inventions, they were able to build the house itself in almost no time at all. And during that time, a lot more occurred.
With a little help from Isabela and Mirabel, Dolores finally confessed her love to Mariano Guzman, and they got together. Mariano said they should get married, but Dolores told him to slow down.
Mila managed to get some inventions working properly a lot better this time and taught some of the people how to put them together. And, of course, she took care of watching the twins and Antonio, since they were too little to do construction.
Day by day, the house came together, and then one day, home sweet home was complete... well... almost complete.
"Just one more thing before the celebration," said Abuela.
"What?" Mirabel asked.
"We need a doorknob." Bruno said.
"We made this one for you," said Antonio, handing Mirabel a doorknob with an M on it.
Antonio and Mila each walked Mirabel from one side as they walked her to the front door of the house. The whole family looked so proud of Mirabel as she walked to the new door.
"Open your eyes," said Abuela, caressing Mirabel's cheek. "Abre los ojos. What do you see?"
Mirabel looked at her reflection in the doorknob; now she knew who she saw.
"I see... me. All of me." Mirabel said.
Slowly, Mirabel placed the doorknob into the new front door, and then something magical happened. The doorknob glowed, and then so did the house, and it changed color... Casita came back to life... only this time, brighter, more colorful, and more beautiful than ever. And on the front door was a picture of the whole family with Mirabel in the center of it all. Casita waved a shutter hello as it did for Alma many years ago.
"Hola, Casita." Mirabel said, waving.
Casita then started to bring everyone inside for the celebration.
Everyone was excited, and even more so when the family's gifts returned. Pepa made hail fall, Isabela made new plants grow, and Luisa could lift a big plant again. Of course, Luisa finally got a chance to relax in a hammock.
Mila even started to share her gift with the others. And she did that by quickly gathering materials and building some wooden horses, which she had some of the children ride on as she played music on the phonograph and telepathically floated them up and down and all around.
"I call this the Mila-Go-Round!" Mila exclaimed as she watched the children having fun.
Casita then gathered the entire Madrigal family together for a picture, and this time, Mila and Mirabel were in it.
"All together," Abuela called.
"La Familia Madrigal!" Chika jumped in as the picture was taken.

Now... don't think for a moment that this story ends here.