Alternative Ending

Two years later

Two years later

After everything Nathaniel took the code of silence and finally left that world behind him, it was hard for him in the beginning because once you leave you can't keep in contact with your family who's still in that line of business so we moved far away. We got married almost immediately after everything, and we bought a house on an island because we decided to live close to the ocean for some peace and comfort.

I added the last candle on top of the cake, and my hand causally touched my very round stomach. The boys have different personalities, Arden adores anything with dinosaurs which his cake is covered in and Alistair loves race cars.

Warm arms wrapped around my stomach, his chest pressed against the back of my head as his lips lingered against my cheek. His fingers softly rubbed my stomach, she always kicks whenever he's around which indicates he's already her favorite. How is that even possible? I've been carrying her for 8 months already and she's bonded with him way more than she has with me.

Who wouldn't bound with this man?

"How're my two beautiful ladies doing?" Nathaniel whispered inside my ear, and a smile covered my lips.

"Starving per usual." I said.

He chuckled, I've been eating everything and anything with this pregnancy. I don't remember even liking any sort of bread with the twins but with her, that's all I've been eating, she loves sourdough bread just like her dad.

"I'm done grilling, I already served you a plate outside."

I love him, truly.

I turned around with a huge smile on my mouth, my mouth quickly pecked his soft lips. I pulled away but he tugged me back against his chest with his head lowered to meet mine.

"Give me a real kiss, Chula." He whispered, his voice sounded husky and deep.

It made my stomach flutter with butterflies, he's always giving me butterflies. My lips wrapped around his as his hand crawled up to my cheek deepening the kiss making sure I wouldn't pull away too soon, my tongue plunged inside his warm mouth causing a groan to leave his mouth. We pulled apart still mesmerized by the kiss we had just shared, we've been married for two years yet it still feels like the first time. His finger ran across the bottom of my lip, he smiled softly at my stained lips.

"Will you hurry up? These kids are like vultures." Tobias shouted from outside, we came back to reality.

I grabbed one of the cakes while he grabbed the other, having twins means double the work with making them feel special on a birthday they share. Alistair would gladly give up his brother to be an only child, Arden is more of a lover than a fighter. We walked outside to our balcony that was decorated in both themes, the boys had towels wrapped around their small bodies. The only reason they're out of the pool right now is that they want cake, if they could live in the water they would.