Chapter 3: Master of Void

(This is the reader's Void Crystal, by the way. I couldn't find a good place to insert the image, so I'll just leave it here for now)

(Second person POV)

"Tada~" a person in front of you beamed, making you raise an eyebrow at the mysterious being.

"...Who are you?"

Seeming almost offended, they let out a shocked gasp and clutched the centre of their clothes before blurting "It's me, your Sensei! Your Kusho Sensei! I'm just in my original form as a ghost, but I can't look that bad! Surely you're able to recognise me-"

"Is that so?" you respond, a little unconvinced at the person's words. They seemed to realise this as they began waving their arms around wildly whilst giving you an explanation you had no interest in hearing.

"It's me, I swear! I've got the same voice, same aura, same powers, even the same-"

"Okay, okay, whatever. I don't care if you are or aren't Kusho Sensei, I just want you to give me knowledge," you cut off with an impromptu sigh, leading your teacher to seem more annoyed.

"Alright, alright. First, I'm going to teach you about the basics of everything in Ninjago, stuff that you'll need to use in your day-to-day life if you lived in the city. So, first of all, do you know what a man is?" Shaking your head, you looked at your source of knowledge who had a mixture of what seemed to be exasperation and disbelief. "Okay... Then let's begin there!"

(Time skip - 7 hours)

Taking down all the important things Kusho Sensei said, you quickly found yourself utilising the information you had just learned. For example, you were able to grasp the letters and numbers that made up words, which in turn, made up sentences. You were also able to see that the 'wooden cylinders with pointy grey triangles' were called 'pencils' and were used to write and draw. You found that the bag you carried around contained what Kusho Sensei called a 'book', which was made up of a bunch of flat loose rectangles called 'paper' held together by a long metal coil. The pointy silver triangles you had used to defend yourself were dagger-like weapons called 'kunai' ('kunai' or くない/苦無 are ancient Japanese throwing knives that are typically used by shinobi (しのび/忍び), aka ninjas) and they could be used to cut or stab things. You were also able to use them as throwing darts by tossing the blade at a target.

Your teacher had spent the past seven hours explaining what 'humans' were, a species of primates that usually had a round bulb-like head, a long rectangular torso, and four cylindrical bits called 'limbs'. These 'limbs' come out with two at the bottom of the torso called 'legs' and one on each side of the torso called 'arms'. 'Legs' were attached to 'feet' which in turn had five 'toes' on each 'foot'. On the 'toes' were 'toenails', hards bits of keratin that protect the human's soft fleshy bits on the toes. The arms were similar in that they connected to hands, which connected to fingers, and each finger had nails too, called 'fingernails'.

You also learnt the difference between a 'man', 'woman', 'boy', and 'girl', with the man and boy being in the same category called 'birth gender'. They were 'males' and contain special hormones (a type of bodily chemical, Kusho Sensei explained) that allows them to produce a 'male reproductive cell'. Women and girls, on the other hand, had different hormones that produce 'female reproductive cells' which can then be used to form a child. A 'girl' is a small woman and a 'boy' is a small man. Girls and boys turn into teens, which then turn into adults, either a woman or a man.

"How curious..." you muttered, continuing to take down notes in your book, starting to understand a little more of the world around you. "Quick question, is Sensei a boy, girl, man, or woman?"