ҽριʅσɠυҽ

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With Fallon and Liam

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

Fallon smiled up at Liam from the hospital bed.

After Fallon collapsed in the woods, everyone rushed to get to the hospital. While Fallon and Kirby were in surgery and such, everyone else got check-ups to make sure they were all okay. Luckily, no one else was hurt that much.

About a week in the hospital passed, and Kirby got the clear to be discharged and Fallon had woken up.

"I'm fine, just tired," Fallon responded.

She had been awake for a few days but hadn't been getting much sleep. Everyone understood why; they all had trouble sleeping as well. They knew it would take a long time before things went back to something remotely normal, so they all tried their best to make each other feel more comfortable.

"Take a nap, Fal."

"How can I?" she squeaked.

Liam reached down and brushed his fingers through his wife's hair.

"Hey, you're okay. The doctors say you'll make a fine recovery. We're safe now; you don't have to worry," he assured.

"But what if they find us?"

Liam kissed Fallon on the forehead.

"They won't. We made our statement to the police, and they're going to go investigate the woods and arrest Peter. They won't get us."

Fallon looked down at the hospital sheets and nodded. She softly smiled and stretched upward to give Liam a kiss. It was quick, but reassuring.

"I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too."

With that, Fallon settled down and closed her eyes. Underestimating how tired she was, she fell asleep almost immediately.

Liam smiled down at her and then turned away. He walked to the window and looked out across the parking lot and into the grassy field. A golden haze rested in the air, tainting the scenery with a shimmery peacefulness.

Liam smiled again as a sleepy sigh filled the room from behind him. He turned away from the window to stand back next to his wife.

As he turned away, Liam failed to notice the whispy shadow of a familair, mysterious figure.

ƚԋҽ ҽɳԃ

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

hai

this is it! thank you soooo much for reading, commenting, and voting! i hope y'all enjoyed this book's journey as much as I did.

there will not be a sequel (as of now)

any thoughts, questions, and analysis are welcome.

as always, remember it is never too late to go back to bed.