Chapter 3

" Wow, I knew you were hating that girl from the start but I didn't know you could punch her like that. " Haley said that like it was the first time she had ever seen Cassie get mad at someone like that before. " Yeah well that just lets you know not to get on my bad side. " Then Cassie winked at her sister hoping she knew what she had meant by that.

Once Haley headed off on her own way, Cassie just decided to follow the crowd flowing down the hall to the different classes and lockers. People kept staring at her like she was a freak show, she didn't care, she was used to all the silent comments and bewildered stares being shot at her.

All of a sudden this girl with dark green eyes and short red hair, comes running up to Cassie like she was about to be hit by a train and says in the most funny accent ever. " OMG ! I just have to say I LOVE your outfit and hair ! " Cassie can't help but look at the red haired girl as if she was insane. Cassie kept walking forward.

" I'm Veronica by the way, I'm sorry if I startled you. " Remembering what Cassie had promised to do as an effort this year, she stopped and faced the girl and hesitated for a minute, just staring. " Well don't be shy, what's your name. " Veronica was so friendly, Cassie just gave in. " Hi Veronica, it's nice to meet you. My name is Cassandra but all my friends call me Cassie for short. " Cassie attempted a smile and she and Veronica shook hands.

" Well hey there Cassie. I can tell you and I are going to make great friends. " For the first time in a long time, Cassie felt like she actually belonged somewhere. Veronica, her first real friend. " So tell me, what are your interests ? " It just came out smoothly from Veronica, like she was the calmest person on earth.

" Well uh,.. I love to draw and sing. " Cassie said it in a whisper voice and she blushed a little. Cassie didn't tell people what she was interested in, no one ever bothered to ask. " That's cool. I love to play guitar and dance some. Not really good at it, but they are my passions. " Veronica looked down at the floor and mumbled something but Cassie couldn't make out what she said so she pretended she didn't notice Veronica had done that.

" Well I do need to ask you something.... " Cassie trailed off in thought, still thinking about that tall blonde girl on the bus that morning. When Cassie had come back from deep in her thoughts she noticed Veronica waiting on the question. " yes ? " Veronica said eagerly. " Oh. right. Um, who is that tall blonde girl that rides bus 15 ? " Veronica just looked at her with worry. " You mean,...... Brittany ? " Cassie went deep into thought again after hearing that name. Brittany,..... It sounded so familiar,.... Brittany.

" What's her last name ? It blurted out from Cassie's mouth before it caught up with her mind. " Meyers. " Veronica said it softly as if she were afraid to say it at all. " Meyers. Brittany Meyers. " Cassie once again lost in thought, Brittany Meyers, so, so, familiar. All she could think of was that name,.... Brittany Meyers.