Chapter 11

They stared at each other for what seemed like forever. Smiling like fools. Until he clears his throat and finally says " So. I'm sorry about your arm and your head. And I'm not trying to sound like a jerk or anything but, when are we going to hang out ? "

Cassie was shocked, at herself. She had completely forgotten that they were supposed to hang out sometime. Trying to find a quick answer she just blurted out a random time " How about lunch time on Saturday ? "

He smiled. That's good,..... I think, she thought. " Sure. That sounds cool. " Cassie smiled. She couldn't wait. She had butterflies in her stomach again, only, this time she didn't mind. She knew she liked him. She just wanted to know if he liked her back. He was confusing.

But she liked confusing guys. She liked the suspense. It was like waiting to find out what you got for Christmas, only better. The best part was, Cassie could tell that Chris was definitely her BestFriend. I mean, if he wasn't her friend, he wouldn't have shown up. Right ? Right ?

He sat down at the foot of her bed and was quiet for a minute. " I gotta tell you something. And, you might not like it but I just think you should know before anything happens. " It was quiet again. " I-........." He gets interrupted by Macy, the nurse. " Sorry, visiting hours are now over, you will have to come back tomorrow " The nurse said.

Chris looked sad for a moment. Then he looked at Cassie and said " I'll just tell you when we hang out. " then he smiled and left. She smiled. But she was curious, she wanted to know what he was going to tell her. Again, suspense was exciting for her. Now she was dreading the rest of the week before Saturday came.

Cassie was told by the nurse that the doctor said Cassie would have to stay in the hospital another two days because if her concussion. Well, that takes away two more days until Saturday, she thought. Eventually after she had taken her medicine, the medicine made her very sleepy. She fell asleep after putting up a fight with her heavy eyes.

Her mom and dad came in to kiss her goodnight and then they left to go home. Cassie had the best dream ever though, weird, but awesome. But for the first time ever, the suspense actually was making her more and more anxious and restless.

Darn you Chris ! Why do you have to be so mysteriously cute ? She thought as she finally drifted into a deep sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heyyy everyone ! I know this chapter is kind of weird and stupid, and kinda short but it's all I got for this chapter. Stay tuned for chapter 12 ! Vote and comment on my story of you want. Thanks 4 reading !
-Evelyn