Chapter 7

" Why are you sitting by yourself ? " Cassie was just curious, she was hoping That the boy wouldn't take it the wrong way." Oh I uh,..... I just wanted to see how friendly people were. I wanted to see if anyone would be kind enough to sit with me. " he starts to blush. Well here I am, Cassie thought.

It was silent for what seemed like forever then the silence broke by the most odd comment ever " I love your hair, by the way. How did you get it that way ? " His words were so, so lovely. A guy, complimenting Cassie ? How odd. " Well I really like how this girl Elsa in this movie called frozen did her hair in a French braid off to the side, and I copied it. "

Cassie couldn't help but blush. How sweet, he noticed something about her. "Oh so your a Movie fan huh ? " he was smiling. Was it at her ? Cassie turned to look behind her to see if she was correct or mistaken. Yep, he was smiling at her. " Yeah. Who doesn't like movies ? " she said to him, now smiling too. " I don't know, lame people I guess. Movies are awesome. "

after that, it was quiet again. " So, tell me, what's your name. " he was leaning forward on the table, as if he didn't want anyone to hear him. " Oh uh, m-my name is Cassandra but, every one calls me Cassie for short. " She said it shyly, and without noticing she was now leaning forward on the table too. When he sat up, Cassie sat up as well. " That's pretty. I like that name. " again he was smiling while he said that.

Cassie's heart skipped a beat. Her name ? H-he liked HER name ? Aw, now she HAD to find out what his name was. " So what's yours ? I mean, your name. " he looked at her and hesitated for a minute. " Chris. " Wow. Chris was his name. She loved the sound of that wonderful name. They stared at each other for like forever.

Then the bell rang and he said " Well hey, I'll see you later. Can we hang out sometime ? " he picked up his stuff and waited for Cassie to answer. " Definately. " She was smiling like a fool. But she didn't care, she liked this guy. Chris, she couldn't stop thinking about Chris, the handsome boy she had met in the hall. They left the lunch room together and down the hall.

Veronica searched for her before she too left the room but Cassie was no where to be seen. Veronica, sad, started to walk slowly down the hall, not even caring about being lost in the sea of students in the hall. How could Cassie so easily forget all about her new friend ? Cassie was obviously lost in the thought of love.