Chapter 12

The week passed by quicker than Cassie thought. But each day was even less dreadful than the last. Finally came Saturday. The day she had been waiting for. The day she and Chris finally had a chance to hang out. She dressed in a cute tank top, shorts, and her favorite pair of converses.

She put her hair in a pony tail but let some hair out and put it to the side for 'style'. She painted her nails a bright blue and put on her peace sign earrings and she put on her peace sign necklace on to match.

She told her parents where she was going and then she left the house and started walking to the park. When she got there she sat down at a park bench and watched the children play or watched families have picnics. She knew she had to wait but she couldn't help it. She texted him and he instantly replied back. " Will be there in a min. Hold on. :) " he said in his text.

She smiled and simply replied " ok :P " then she put in her earbuds and started listening to music to help pass the time by quicker. After about ten minutes he finally showed up. He had a picnic basket in his hand. Aw, how sweet. Cassie thought to herself. They were going to have a nice picnic in a beautiful park with the bright shining sun and blue skies. How romantic.

" Hello my fair lady. " he said and bowed with a smile. " Why, hello there my good sir " she said in return, playing along and she curtseyed. They both laughed and he set the basket down on the table and he sat down next to her. She could have sworn she heard him silently complimenting her outfit, but she wasn't one hundred percent sure, so she didn't say anything.

" so, what's up. " he said staring at her with his intense light blue eyes. She got lost in his eyes for a moment an then came to her senses. " Huh ? " he smiled. Had he caught her lost in thought with his eyes ? She blushed, remembering what he had said finally.

" oh ! I-I'm good. Just got out of recovery and stuff. " she blushed again, smiling and she looked down at the ground. What a lush green color the grass was. Then she felt him take her hand. She looked up, his eyes were fillied with tears. " What's wrong ? " Cassie said, now starting to get teary eyes herself. " I-I just hope you understand what I'm about to tell you"

She looked at him, bewildered. Alright now, this is the moment you've been waiting for. She told herself. " Cassie Sky Blakely,...." He said, hesitating. " I love you. And I know we don't know each other all that well, but from what I've noticed about you, you are amazing in every way.

But there's a small problem, " he said. " I'm already in a relationship with someone, and I would give anything to have you and make you mine. I want to give you l the comfort and support in the world. I know you haven't told me, but I can see all the pain you have been through in your past. I wish I could make it all better, I really really do. I just can't right now. " he finally said, not hesitating anymore. With those words Cassie's heart broke. It broke into a million tiny pieces and she broke down.

She started to cry and there wasn't anything she could do to stop herself from crying. She didn't even care if anyone was watching. Those words. They cut into her like a sharp knife. The only guy she had ever truly loved was breaking up with her even though they never actually dated. He was ending something that hadn't even begun yet. Like snipping a bloom on a flower before it actually grows.

And with that if a broken heart and a puffy face from her crying, all Chris did was hug her tightly and tell her " I'm sorry love. But I will always, ALWAYS be there for you,..... No matter what. "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys !! This chapter is too cute ! Don't ya think ? Lol anyways, hope you liked it ! Stay tuned for chapter 13 !! Hope you like my story. It takes a lot of time to think about it all and type it up and publish it. Thanks 4 reading !!

-Evelyn  <3 yall