How You Meet

Leo

Y/N:

  2AM: my favorite hour to ride up to the skate park. I sneak out my bedroom window, gently closing it behind me so as to not wake my dad or little brother, Remi, and climb down the fire escape with my board. Dad is definitely asleep or laser focused on doing late night paperwork, but Remi is a light sleeper. The drop of a pin could wake that kid.

  Even in a city that never sleeps like NYC, it's pretty dead tonight. Barely any people walking around, cars are all parked and off, apartment lights are dim, even the rats seem to be asleep.

  I arrive at the skatepark, ready for some peaceful solo skating. A giant humanoid turtle wearing a blue mask glides across the ramps, doing kickflips, lipslides, 180 ollies, and various other tricks. I stand where he can't see me, admiring his smooth and effortless moves, mesmerized stare, and full attention to skating.

  Eventually, I skate out to the park and join him. "You've got some pretty sick moves." I compliment him. He whips his head around to look at me, his blue eyes widening as he tumbles off his board. "Woah, sorry dude!" I apologize, rushing over to him and putting out a hand to help him up. He stares up at me for a moment.

  "Aren't you scared of me?" He asks. I wave my hand in a dismissive gesture.

  "Nah, why would I be scared of you? You can do some awesome tricks and like skating at the same late hours." I say, grabbing his three-fingered hand and helping him stand up. He thanks me and we introduce ourselves.

  We skate together, showing off our own strongest tricks, and helping show each other new ones. I improve my frontside to ollie transition immensely.

  When he says he needs to leave, I ask to borrow his phone and type my number into it. "There, now you can text me. I'd love to skate again with you soon!"

Raph

Y/N:

  "Viper X Killers rule!" I scream, exiting the Viper X Killers rock concert at Irving Plaza in Manhattan. "That was gnarly!" I shout to my friend, Tyler. He nods in agreement and we rave about the awesome concert, our ears still not adjusted to no longer having rock music blasted into our ears.

  "It was fucking rad dude, but I gotta get home now. My mom doesn't even know I'm out! I don't need to be grounded again and miss another week of skating with you." Tyler says. We do our best friend handshake then he takes off on his skateboard. I wave goodbye and skate around the city, chugging down beers I snagged from my dad in my backpack, crushing them, then tossing them out when I'm done.

  I skate around Manhattan, waiting for the sun to rise so I'm sure my dad will be passed out after doing his nightly drinking. He'd beat me if he saw me stumble home at this hour, but once he's passed out from drinking even the loudest noise couldn't wake him. Some people may fear strangers attacking them more than being home, but the streets are always safer in my mind. I feel comfortable and free here.

  Eventually, I do tricks in an empty alleyway, scraping my knees and laughing my drunk ass off about it. I promise myself only one more beer, chugging it while resting against the wall. When I open my eyes, I notice the Purple Dragons approaching me.

  "Ugh, you guys again," I scowl, "Would ya leave me alone, I wasn't planning on whooping ass today." I stand, putting my right hand into a fist to pound into my open left hand in a punching gesture.

  "The only one getting an ass whooping will be you, little lady." One of the Dragons sneers. I begin cussing them out.

  "Don't you dare call me little lady!" I demand, lunging at him. I punch him right in the nose, blood beginning to drip down. He punches back before I deliver a quick strike to his stomach and swing my leg up to kick his balls. He doubles down in pain, cussing at me.