First Date

Leo

Y/N:

I chat with my school friend on the phone, applying my makeup as she talks about her latest crush. I stay mostly silent, beginning to comb my hair until I get a text from Leo and hear a tap at my window. "Gotta go!" I shout, immediately hanging up the phone. I rush to the window, quickly flatten any wrinkles from my outfit, take a deep breath, and open the window.

"Wow, you look fantastic." Leo smiles, reaching out his hand for me to take. I giggle, taking his hand. He leads me to the rooftop, where a blanket, basket, and some candles are set up.

It's something out of a fairy tale! I gasp, grinning wide. "You really went all out!" I exclaim, admiring the attention to detail, from the blanket being my favorite color to the candles being my favorite scent.

"All for you." He replies, gesturing for me to sit down. He pours me a glass of grape juice. "It's as close to the real thing as I can get." He chuckles. We clink our glasses together before both taking a sip.

He presents to me my favorite sandwich, fruits, and dessert. We chat and flirt all night until the food is eaten and I stretch out, yawning.

We lay back, admiring the stars. He points at a few constellations and names them. I wish there wasn't so much light pollution in New York City. I want more than anything to go somewhere more rural, like Upstate, climb a big tree, and admire the stars from there. As a kid, I'd visit my uncle's farm in Upstate and every night I'd sneak out to stare up in awe at the night sky. My family would joke that I was going to marry the moon!

Yawning, closing my eyes, I listen as Leo's soft voice speaks.

My eyes flutter open and I immediately sit straight up in my bed. How the hell did I get here? The golden sun floods into my room and I squint my eyes, picking up a note left by my bedside.

'Y/N, thank you for an amazing date tonight. You fell asleep stargazing with me and looked so peaceful I didn't want to wake you up.' He carried me all the way to my room without me waking up? I know Manhattan can make someone a heavy sleeper, but damn! 'I'd love to see you again soon. Yours truly, Leo <3'

Raph

Y/N:

"I told you, you owe me a pizza!" Raph says, smirking. I roll my eyes, smiling as well.

"Alright, fine. What toppings do you want?"

"Whatever's your favorite." He replies.

After ordering the pizza, we play my favorite fighter video game on the game console in my living room. Dad left wordlessly while I was at school on Friday, leaving a note on the fridge that he was taking a spontaneous trip to Vegas with his drinking buddies.

Ding dong

"Pizza's here!" I exclaim, pausing the game. Raph hurries to hide in the other room while I grab our pizza and sodas. I tip generously, thanking the pizza delivery boy for working so late at night. "Whoever loses the ultimate fighting championship gets to pick the movie." I say, chomping on my pizza.

"You're on!" Raph chugs his soda and cracks his knuckles. "I'm so gonna beat your ass."

We smack talk, ruthlessly beating each other in the game. "No mercy!" I shout, killing his character off. He sits back and pouts at his failure.

I put in the dvd for my all time favorite movie and start popping some popcorn. Raph tosses the empty pizza box and soda cans, chatting with me as I prepare our snack.

We sit on the couch together, starting the movie. Twenty minutes in, I complain about being chilly and rush to my room to grab a big red blanket. I lay it out between us.