Halloween

Leo

Y/N:

Halloween, the spookiest night of the year. A chilly breeze brushes across my face, blowing past my dress and through my tights to freeze my already cold skin. I shiver, waiting for Leonardo to arrive.

Children giggle down below. Teenagers roam the streets, mostly in casual clothes with a mask with the occasional people putting in decent effort, like guys in superhero costumes and girls in thoroughly planned group costumes with their friends. I sigh, wishing I had girl friends to dress up with. Think of the positive, Y/N, I have Leo to go out with me this year! Much better than last year when I was home alone because my ex best friend threw a huge party and didn't invite me. We had some drama happening at the moment, but that's no reason for all my other ex friends to not even mention the party or try to hang out with me. There were a lot of tears, and the trick or treaters definitely weren't the only ones stuffing their faces with sweets that year.

Thankfully, I have an amazing new group of friends at school now. They invited me to their big Halloween bonfire at Oliver's uncle's beach house out on Long Island, but of course I already have plans with Leo. Half of the party is just them getting drunk and playing games anyway. Plus, some of those boys get flirty, especially when tipsy, and that would make Leo crazy jealous.

"Hey, lover," Leo approaches me, smiling softly, "You look gorgeous in that space princess costume!" I blush, thanking him.

The yellow top, distinct belt, and brown pants, Leo is clearly dressed as Captain Ryan. I kiss him on the cheek. "You look good too, Captain."

Leo repeats one of Captain Ryan's geeky quotes with confidence, grinning the entire time. Together, we exit to the streets and begin trick or treating.

Leo looks around amazed. There's little girls dressed as everything from princesses to zombies, little boys as iconic heroes and sports players, and tired parents running after them because they're much too young to be out alone. Leo chuckles at this.

"You know, ever since I was a little kid I'd watch old Halloween movies this time of year and wish so desperately to go to a haunted house and carve pumpkins or trick or treat like every other kid. Splinter would never let us go to the surface and trick or treat even though we could probably pass as humans in really good costumes like I am now. He tried, but there's very limited things to do in the sewers. Anyways, it's just really cool walking through the streets with humans without hearing a screams of terror," He says then reaches out to grab my hand and squeezes it gently, "And I'm really glad you're here with me to experience this."

I smile, staring into his excited ocean blue eyes and gently squeeze his hand back. "I'm glad to have you, too."

We hit up everywhere we can find within a few blocks of my apartment. Navigating the chaotic streets is stressful, but Leo holds my hand the entire time to make sure we're never separated.

A few old guys handing out candy recognize Leo's Captain Ryan costume. One guy even has the humor to repeat one of his geeky quotes. He tells Leo he's so glad that the show he enjoyed as a kid is still loved by youth today. Truly, it's not nearly as popular, but Leo and the old man are so thrilled to talk about it for a few minutes.

On the fire escape outside my window, we both look over our loot and make a few exchanges. Peanut butter candy exchanged for toffee candy, fruity drops exchanged for chocolate coconut squares, and so on until we're both satisfied.

I wrap my arms around Leo's neck and give him a big hug and kiss on the cheek. "I had a wonderful Halloween with you!"

He hugs me around the waist and pecks me on the lips. "I'll see you soon, love. I'm so excited for you to meet my brothers. They'll never believe I got this many full sized candy bars dressed as something 'so geeky'." He says, the 'so geeky' part quoting his brothers. I giggle, waving goodbye and watching my space captain freely wander the streets of New York City without ridicule.