Meeting His Brothers

Leo

Y/N:

Mom, in her dazzling dress and fabulous makeup, a huge smile permanently plastered on her face and bright eyes beaming at her family, gives us all warm hellos and hugs. We welcome her home, dad having prepared a feast for us.

He rarely cooks, it's usually our chef or me who prepares food for the family. With each welcome home for mom, he clears everyone out of the kitchen for the entire day, cooking and dancing to music he listened to in his youth when he thinks nobody is looking. Remi, a curious creature, always peers in to see what smells so magnificent, complaining to me of a grumbling tummy. Each time to satisfy him, we take a sibling walk to the convenience store for chips or biscuits. He also giggles at dad's dance moves, and I shush him, warning him not to startle our dancing dad lest he stop.

Mom embraces me in her warm hug and I get a whiff of the perfume she's worn every coming home day since I was born. I smile, closing my eyes and feeling my tension melt away in her hug.

We listen intently as she tells stories of her time modeling in Paris over dinner. She listens to us speak too, mostly Remi telling silly kid stories.

After dinner, we put on our pajamas and watch a movie. Buzz buzz. Only twenty minutes into the movie, Leo texts me to remind me he'll be at my window in five minutes to pick me up. "Mom, I'm so sorry, my head is killing me. I'm heading off to bed now." I say, kissing her cheek goodnight. She insists I take a cold cloth and ibuprofen to my room. I oblige, and tell them not to bother me while I rest. I get cranky when I'm not feeling well.

Feigning a headache on the day my mother finally comes home from a month away to see a boy is certainly lower than I was hoping to go, but teenagers do dumb stuff to sneak out with boys, and I'm no exception. I toss the washcloth in my hamper and place the ibuprofen in my drawer. Quickly and as silently as possible, I put on a blue sweater, leggings, beanie, gloves, and light coat with shoes. I'm already wearing a modest amount of makeup. I pray my hair doesn't get frizzy under the hat, though. I braided it for moms coming home and I don't want them to be all messed up for Leo.

Tap tap tap. I turn off the light and place a pillow and bunched up blanket under my comforter. Rushing to the window, I greet Leo with a kiss and hurry out as quickly as possible.

He leads me to his home. I cringe at first at the stank stench of the sewers. He frowns, but I brush it off and tell him I'm fine. How does he live like this?

Entering his home, I spot another turtle in a red mask lounging on the couch watching a decades old tv show. Leo calls for everyone, saying he has a guest to introduce.

A second turtle in an orange mask sprints into the room, almost tripping over himself coming up to me. "Oh my goodness, it's her! She's so cute Leo, how'd you meet her?" He says, looking at me like I'm an adorable puppy he's fawning over.

The red masked turtle approaches Leo with a smirk. "So, Lamendardo actually got a girl to like him," he teases, then looks at me, "Blink twice if he's secretly holding you captive."

Leo rolls his eyes, "That's enough, Raph."

Finally, a taller, purple masked turtle enters, rubbing his eyes and yawning. "Alright, everyone, this is Y/N. Y/N, these are my brothers: Raph, Mikey, and Donnie." He says, pointing at each turtle.

Mikey bounces up and down, rambling on about how excited he is for me to try his new invention of pizza with pepperoni, maple syrup, gummy worms, and olives. "Don't kill her, Mikey." Donnie says. Mikey frowns, suggesting we all play video games instead.

We play several rounds of Mario Kart, me coming up victorious each round. "You guys know you don't have to go easy on me, right?" I say, raising a brow at the boys. They insist this is their best, but I'm not convinced. "Alright, fine. Let's place a bet then. Last place has to eat Mikey's pizza concoction." Finally, the guys put their game faces on.