Hanging Out

Leo

Y/N:

'Determine the equation for a circle in standard form with a radius of 3, and centered at the point (−3,4).' The pre-calc problem reads. I close my eyes and use my index finger and thumb to rub my eyes.

My head aches from three hours straight of focusing on my homework and studying. I have a huge test next week that my math teacher, Mr. Mineo, announced today. Buzz buzz.

'Hey, are we still on for the skate park tonight? I'm heading out now.' Leo messages me.

"Shoot, I almost forgot!" I exclaim out loud then quickly cover my mouth for fear that I may have woken Remi or dad.

I change into my favorite baggy jeans, t-shirt, and bit of jewelry. In my vanity mirror, I apply some light natural makeup. Quickly, I check on Remi and dad to ensure they're both asleep before I sneak out my window onto the fire escape with my skateboard.

Leo greets me as I approach him at the skatepark. I smile and wave, greeting him as well. The moon and skatepark lights reflect on his ocean blue eyes as we chat.

Similar to the night we first met, we practice our skate tricks together and have little competitions. "Watch this!" He shouts before setting off the ramp to do a complicated set of tricks.

"Not as cool as this." I say before doing my own complicated set of tricks. A cold, wet drop falls from the sky into my hair. Raindrops continue to fall at an alarming pace. "Damn, we gotta get out of here." I grumble, my hand on my head where the raindrop hit me.

Where can we go, though? He's a giant mutant turtle, we can't exactly take shelter in a nearby 24/7 McDonald's or gas station.

He takes my hand and rushes me into an alleyway where rooftops provide a bit of relief from the rain.

"Looks like we'll be making turtle soup tonight." A voice announces. I gulp. What the hell was that? Three men appear from the shadows of the alley, holding weapons and smirking.

Leo takes out his katanas and puts his arm across me, protecting me from the strange men. Who the hell are these guys? "I got this," He promises me, "get up the fire escape."

I rush up the fire escape and one of the gang members runs after me, but Leo jumps in and holds him off. Before I can turn around, all of the guys are gone as Leo has fought them off.

He rushes up to me and carries me to the rooftop then places me down. "Are you okay?" He asks, hands on both shoulders.

"Yeah," I nod, although there's rain soaking through my clothes and hair, "Who are those guys."

"The Purple Dragons. A couple of punks, easy to fight off when you're a ninja like me." He points his thumb towards himself. I begin to shiver and his eyes widen. "Oh, yeah, wait, it's still raining. I'm so sorry. I can bring you home." He says.

He drops me off at my window and tells me to put some dry clothes on and text him later. He apologizes again before waving goodbye and leaving. How will I repay Leo for saving my ass tonight?

Raph

Y/N:

Tap tap tap

Pulling the headphones off my ears and onto my shoulders, I turn to look at the giant mutant turtle wearing his dumb disguise tapping on my window. I smile, getting up to open it and let him in.

"About time." I tell him, grabbing my wallet and keys. "Nice fit by the way, Raph." I tease, looking up and down at his disguise. He's wearing a trench coat and hat, his green skin still showing through his hands and feet. He glances around my room then points at my electric guitar.