Chapter 4

I woke up, got up and went to my little closet. I took out my ironed new uniform and my recently polished shoes. I got dressed and put my hair up in a side ponytail, grabbed my school bag and headed out to the kitchen. There, I found Kazuma-sensei sipping tea while reading the journal. I greeted him and went to get a little pasty on the kitchen island.

I walked out, marching towards my new school. At the gates, I saw from afar the infamous trio. Tohru went ahead and came up to me and said 'good morning!' and I returned her greeting. Yuki and Kyo arrived soon after, following behind her. I stood next to Kyo as Yuki walked in front alongside Tohru. "You came!" I said joyfully, smiling at him. He scoffed and nodded to my dumb smile.

I walked over to the front of the school where there was a regroupement of people. I walked through the crowd and arrived in front of a big sign. I started searching for your name.

"..Honda Tohru... Sohma Kyo... Sohma Yuki..."

There it was! In the same class as everyone too! I smiled and turned around, moving out of the way off to the side. I saw Kyo, waiting there, scaring away everyone with his annoyed look. I skipped my steps on my way over to him, a large smirk covering my face.

"We're all together, isn't that nice?" He softly sighed, a quick smile appearing over his lips. "Sure" We walked over to class together and went to our assigned seats. Luckily, I was sitting close to Kyo, next to a tall blonde girl. She looked sort of scary, like a gangster but as soon as Tohru walked in her face lit up. "TOHRU!!" She ran to her and trapped her in a big hug. A spooky girl walked over to them and joined in the hug as well.

When they came back to their seats, Tohru introduced me to them. "This is Uo-chan and Hana-chan, and this is [Name]-chan" I greeted them and Arisa instantly made me feel comfortable. I ended up talking with them until the bell rang.

At lunch time, I went to the roof with Kyo to eat. He wanted a peaceful and quiet place. As I was munching on my sandwich, he started telling me why he was so bothered. "I'm happy to be with you in class, I am okay. But that damn rat didn't have to be there as well. Now I have to see him all day: morning, at school and at night! I'm already at my limit"

I was grateful to have his trust. I knew that he didn't say stuff like that to anyone else but me. Just the thought of that made my cheeks turn slightly pink.

He leaned back on the wall behind us. I brought my hand closer to his and my fingers stroked the back of his hand. I was looking down, but I felt his surprised gaze on me. He paused a second but then accepted the touch and intertwined his fingers with mine. We stayed there, sitting down next to each other, holding hands.

The last class of the day had just ended when Uotani called out to me. "Hey [Name]! Wanna hang out with us, we're going to Tohru's house" I smiled and nodded, walking home with the three girls and Kyo. Yuki had a conseil meeting and would join us later.

Eventually we arrived in front of Shigure's house and we headed to the living room. I went to prepare some tea with Tohru, while Uo-chan and Hana-chan were teasing Kyo. At least that's what I made out of all the 'shut up you delinquent' I would hear from the other side of the wall. The night was pretty calm nevertheless as I grew closer to the three girls.

The rest of the week went by fast and I was glad that Kyo had attended school every day. And even if I stayed with him most of the time, I became great friends with the girls, especially Tohru. I also heard that for some reason, Momiji and Hatsuharu would transfer to our school, in the year under us once the third semester would end.

Kyo came with me tonight to the dojo and trained martial arts while I was cooking dinner. When the food was ready, we ate with sensei. "So, how do you like your new school Kyo?" He didn't look up while responding "it's fine" A silence filled in. I could see that Kazuma was curious and would ask me to know more.

I watched Kyo during his late night training. I was to the side, bringing him a towel and water bottle when he took small breaks. Later, after his shower, he was about to leave when Kazuma-sensei called out to him. "It's the weekend, why not stay overnight?"

Kyo and I froze in place. Whhhaaa..?