Ch. 24 - A Magical Bargain

A/N: okay, first off, i'd like to apologise (even though I left this on hiatus, i mean, at least there was a warning, right?) for not updating any actual content for almost half a year. And I've lost track how long since the last one-shot too, so on an overall level, I'm sorry. 

(Will your urge to kill me increase when I tell you this has actually probably been completed since I ended Ch. 23 it's just that I got hung on trying to create a part after this and just didn't release anything altogether? I think yes, you'll hunt me down when you know this)

secondly, I failed five subjects for mid-years. and I only take nine. I only got 2As and one's language arts which is (pointedly) something I should not be screwing in the first place (haha say that to LA two years back julius caesar go brrr) and the other is literally a project that I failed content marks but got marks for my video making and presentation techniques and somehow aced it. okay I digress, that wasn't my point, but anyway MY POINT IS I'm flopping my studies and if you guys have tips (i.e. "stop writing fanfic and focus on studying" is NOT valid advice, tried it, didn't even last a second, maybe I've got ADD and no one knows — OKAY I DIGRESSED AGAIN) please share study tips with me. oh and if you have cheat sheets, send, if it's chemistry physics geography math or how to overcome AI in python. thanks.

TL;DR? I failed, I'm trying, I digressed a whole bunch of BS along the way.

But, yeah. I get it. No one needs to hear my sad flopping-study shit of student life.

Enjoy this chapter :) 

(It's not a choice. enjoy it because I feel very guilty for only releasing it now.)

(and while I'm at it, yes, Idia Shroud is my total mood, and maybe I wish I had an Ortho Shroud in my life to keep my shits together.)

(ah I digress.)

(what's that? you want spoilers as a bargain for me throwing my life out as a rant? well, no.)

(n0pe just kidding.)

(basically it's just Mal scheming like Azul, if you play Twisted Wonderland. If you don't, go play it, I promise you will not be disappointed. There's even an English version for y'all now)

(kore wa kore wa— jkjk ENJOY)

(aha you wonder why I typed all this useless junk? it's because my conscience won't let me release anything shorter than 3k words and this rant basically helped me hit it. now, enjoy the piece, my readers, and stay proud before June ends in a week, love y'all.)

———

"So! Once again, I'd like to congratulate you for completing this play!"

Fairy Godmother stood before them, her hands clapped together to express her enthusiasm. "I can't express how proud I am! New students, finishing a whole play on their own!" She continued, "Bippity boppity! You surprised me, really! Talents, all of you."

The four of them exchanged glances. They'd been here for four months, and this was the first time they'd gotten collective affirmation. It still took a while to get used to it. And (even as Jay, Evie and Carlos exchanged glances) they probably wouldn't have to, not for long.

Mal's expression was carefully masked, not an ounce of emotion on her face as she spoke, "Fairy G? I'd like to redeem your end of the...agreement. The offer you gave when I first agreed to this play: a wish on behalf of us four?"

Closer observation would have betrayed Fairy Godmother's hesitation as she studied the girl before her. She knew that the sole reason for the whole play was likely to be this exchange of terms. Mal never seemed motivated by the idea of her grades, no matter the fact that she was doing surprisingly well despite skiving off many classes. It would not be a good choice to allow Mal a wish, for a wish could go very wrong. One unplanned step with these cunning children — spawn of the most clever villains of all time — would land Auradon in a painful demise.