8.

*Ty's POV*

This has been the longest morning of my life.

My shoulder is killing me from yesterday, to the point where soaking in my bathtub didn't even help.

And my mom, is still so beyond the point of mad at me, that here I am, taking all the soil and flowers out of our flower boxes around our front porch, replanting them, and putting in more soil while she reads her book on the front steps watching me to make sure I'm actually doing it.

"Port!" I heard yelled across the yard.

I groaned when Matt walked over because I knew exactly what was going to happen.

"Well." He pulled his phone out. "Look at you little garden boy." He smiled when his flash went off.

"You're loving this." I nodded and wiped my hands off. "You're really loving this, aren't you."

"Dude, it's noon. You've been out here since 7:30, and you are currently planting pink peonies that have already been planted. This is hilarious." He nodded.

"I'm sure if I called your mother you could join him Matthew." My mom put her book down and looked at him.

His eyes got so wide. "No no. I'm pretty sure my punishment is worse."

"Matty, I am covered in dirt, I have thorns stuck in my arms from her roses, it's hot as sin out here and I smell like a dish of potpourri. What could be worse than this." I shook my head.

He cleared his throat. "My mom is making me go pick up Luke." He put his hands in his pockets.

"OK, and?" I raised my eyebrows.

"He stayed with Bronson last night." He pursed his lips. "And his sister almost ripped your arm off your body."

"It's not like you have to-"

"My mom is making me apologize, and she's asking Sawyer tomorrow if I really did." He nodded.

And I started laughing.

"Yeah, just for that Tyler, you can go with him and do the same." My mom smiled.

My face went flat instantly. "Mom." I shook my head.

"Yeah, bet everything you did to her this week is really funny now, isn't it boys." She crossed her arms. "Go."

I groaned. "Let me go shower."

"Nope." She shook her head. "You get to go, just like that."

"Again, I have thorns in my arms, I am covered in dirt, and I smell like potpourri." I nodded.

"Shouldn't have laughed." She shrugged.

"I've apologized multiple times." I sighed.

"And you'll continue to do so until she forgives you."

"She has forgiven me." I nodded.

"Then you'll continue to do so until she actually forgives you because that girl, she may say she does but she does not forgive you." She shook her head.

"Mom." I groaned.

"You talked about her dead mother." She nodded.

I pursed my lips and nodded. "Yeah, that's bad. Lets go Matthew." I brushed off my shorts, threw my cut off back on, and followed him to his car.

"SO, I think our mothers are plotting." Matt pursed his lips and pointed out his windshield.

His mom was walking across the yard to mine.