ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ⁶⁹ ⁽ᴺⁱᶜᵉ⁾

"Who the heck are you?!" The fairy screeched and the girl slapped a hand over her small mouth.

"Paimon! That's rude! And lower your voice!" She whispered loudly and Paimon's large eyes grew bigger. "Showwy." (Sorry) Her muffled voice sounded from behind the girl's hand.

There was a moment of awkward silence where none of us spoke immediately. It was Thoma who decided to break the ice, "Um my name is Thoma! Thanks for saving us." Lumine's eyes widened with realization before nodding at him and turning to me. "I'm Lumine. And this is–"
"Paimon!" Paimon grinned widely with her eyes closed.

"Thanks for saving us, Miss Shady Person!" I irked at the nickname she had given me. "Sh-Shady person?"
"Well, yeah! You just happened to be hiding down here? It's almost like you were waiting for something. Or... Someone!"

The other two had the same incredulous look as me. "Paimon, you have a wild imagination..." Lumine face-palmed and Paimon gasped. Offended by what the blonde had said.
  "Hey! It's totally plausible!" She tried to defend her point. "Why don't we ask the lady herself?" Thoma politely butted in but there was a hint of irritation in his tone.

"Ohhh... Right. Hehe..." The small girl turned to me with an apologetic smile.
"So Miss Shady–"
"Y/n." I corrected her.
"Y/n, why're you here in this dark and shady spot, huh? You doing something illegal or something?" She narrowed her eyes suspiciously at me. "I was running from the Tenryou Commission. Same as you." I replied flatly. She pointed an accusing finger at me, "Likely story!"

Lumine had enough of her antics and decided to put a stop to it. "Paimon! Can we focus on getting out of here first before you decide to interrogate her further?" Paimon folded her arms with a pout while side-glancing me. "Hmph. You're off the hook! For now..."

'This little girl is nuts. I don't look that suspicious, do I?'

I cleared my throat awkwardly while avoiding her gaze. "Now, onto more pressing matters." I said, referring to the soldiers that were swarming the area.

"If we could make it to the teahouse, we'd be home free." Thoma stated while trying to get a peek from our hiding spot. He quickly lowered his head as soldiers ran past once more. He dropped back down and sighed heavily as he rested the back of his head against the wall. "No way we can sneak past all of them..." He seemed to be running out of hope.

"You guys are trying to get to Komore Teahouse?" He leaned forward, looking at me with his brows raised. "Yeah, we are. You know it?"

'The teahouse... I know where that is.' I surveyed the area on my right and remembered seeing the teahouse somewhere in that direction.

While Thoma and I spoke, Lumine's gaze lingered on my pale face, before travelling down to my bandaged leg. Curiosity rose within her but didn't ask.

"You sure are insane. I saw that stunt you pulled back at the ceremony."
I said when I noticed her staring and caught her off guard.
  "You basically declared war on the freakin' Raiden Shogun." I scoffed, finding it humorous yet impressive.

This girl was no ordinary person, I could tell. I bet even Arataki would've found it impressive.

"So the teahouse, is it safe there?" I asked the three of them. Thoma answered first,
"It is but–"
"We can get there if we crawl along the wall here." I pointed past him to the grass path that ran along the wall that was just tall enough to hide us.

"Won't we get spotted?" The fairy asked in a hushed tone. I looked down at my knee, thinking whether I'll be fine to do some more running.

"We won't if we stay quiet, and stay low." I glanced past them again before nodding determinedly, "Follow me."