nine

Katherine

After spending the entire weekend resting, and clearing my mind, I have decided to confront Harry this morning.

Since my night out, I've spent a good amount of my Saturday and Sunday evening on the roof, smoking a few cigarettes.

On Saturday I slept in till the afternoon and didn't get out of bed close to three o'clock, not counting the time I got up to feed Moxie because I just ended up back in my bed.

Around four, I went to the store to pick up some DW-40, food for meals, and more cat food and treats for Moxie. After I got back home, I oiled the lock on my door, made myself some dinner, even though I was nowhere near hungry to eat. Sat with Moxie telling her everything that happened, then went straight to the roof.

I sat up there and watched the sunset, taking a pack of smokes, and a sketchbook with me. I don't always bring things to draw up there with me, but after the events of Friday night, it only felt right.

It started off as little doodles, something that I always find myself doing instead of drawing actual things. Then I started to draw the Gates of Hell sign, which ended up being very difficult because it turns out, drawing neon signs isn't the easiest. Then I tried drawing my drink that I had, or at least what I think it looked like.

 Then I tried drawing my drink that I had, or at least what I think it looked like

Then I found myself drawing a pair of eyes.

A pair of eyes that have been through things, and seen things only one can imagine. What those things might be, I have yet to figure out. But as I was drawing these eyes, the secrets that they held were spilling out in blacks and greens. Big secrets that I may never know about.

They are pained eyes. Only these set of eyes, these dark warning eyes, can be scary yet so inviting at the same time. I didn't mean to be drawing Harry's eyes, but once I started, I couldn't pretend that it wasn't happening, so I kept at it.

As soon as I was done with the drawing, I wanted to throw it away

As soon as I was done with the drawing, I wanted to throw it away. I had this urge to rip it apart and burn the pieces. I wanted to take my dying cigarette, and put it out on it. But like with all my other drawings of my demons, I tore it out of my sketchbook, and placed it in the bottom right drawer of my desk filled with other drawings where I felt like doing the same.