8: Second thoughts

Both Jocelyn and Fred stayed in a dead silence on their way to his home. None of them spoke to each other.

With Jocelyn fiddling with her fingers and looking out of the window while watching the passing cars in daze, Fred kept stealing knowing glances at her. As much as he tried to, he just couldn't stop staring at her perfect side view.

Even as she look so messy right now, she still managed to remain beautiful. He isn't just discovering that now but he just discovered that she seems to be beautiful at any given time, no matter the situation she is in.

Fred quickly looked away the moment she turned her eyes towards him. She felt his gaze on her which made her uncomfortable.

Fred cleared his throat and brought out his phone, he'd rather keep staring at his phone and doing nothing than being seen as a creep by Jocelyn.

They stayed that way until they arrived at his mansion. Fred stepped out and rushed to the other side of the door to get it opened for her.

His servants that saw this act gasped in surprise which brought his attention to them. With one glare, they shut up and looked away from their boss who came home with a lady in a hospital uniform.

"Welcome Sir" some greeted and just like always, Fred ignored them while supporting Jocelyn into the living room.

Jocelyn could have looked around but she was too dazed and absentminded to think of that. She just wanted to be alone but with this stranger policing her around, she doesn't think she will have her alone time soon.

They both were welcomed by Kim's loud voice.

"What's it all over the news Fred?" She fired just as the door was swung opened oblivious to the fact that they have a visitor.

Kim paused on her track, shocked and surprised on seeing the same lady that is all over the internet together with Fred.

She gazed at them with her arm crossed, she is surprised that the news is true and more shocked to know that Fred actually came back with the girl. A girl!

Jocelyn watch the two exchange glances, she stared at Kim for a while. She look elegant, classy and beautiful. Is she his wife? Is she going to allow her to stay with them? She could have resisted if she knew that he is a married man.

"What is happening Fred? Who is she?" Kim asked, her heart bubbling in excitement due to the thoughts going on in her head. 

Fred pushed past her a little into the house and helped Jocelyn to sit on one of the couches in the living room before turning towards his sister who was silently watching him in awe.

Not for once has she ever seen her brother care for another lady other than her. Is she his girlfriend? Does he like her? She questioned herself but sighed when she got no answer.

Kim slightly frowned at Fred, holding her chest dramatically.

"You are my favourite brother in the world and you couldn't even tell me that you have a girlfriend? How mean" she yelled at him, not too loudly.

"Quit dramatising Kim, I am your only brother. So now listen to me, I don't have enough time to waste" Fred replied in a serious tone. Kim knows the look and she knows well that she isn't supposed to joke around anymore.

Fred paused to glance at Jocelyn briefly then at Kim.

"I am counting on you to take care of her until I am back, there is something urgent I need to take care of. Change her dress and coarse her to eat" he spoke as if Jocelyn is not right beside them.

She thought they were married, now she understands that they are siblings.

Kim nodded in understanding seeing the serious look on her brother's face. This lady might mean a lot to him just like her but what happened to her? Why was she rushed to the hospital? How did they meet? She has so many unanswered questions but this isn't the right time to ask them.

"Make sure you don't leave her alone, I repeat Kim, don't leave her alone even for a second. If she harms herself, then it is your fault okay? Please take care of her" he added pleadingly.

"I promise, I won't leave her alone. I will take care of her until you are back" Kim replied. She was confused about what he meant by not leaving her alone but she will do whatever her brother ask her to.

Looking down at Jocelyn, different thoughts flooded her mind. Is she suicidal? Why? What on earth happened to her?

"Good" Fred said, turning his attention to Jocelyn. He sat down beside her for a brief moment.

"I won't take too much time and you are safe here, you are safe with her too. She won't hurt you because she is my sister" Fred explained to her.

Jocelyn nodded her head inattentively.

"Alright, I will be back" he said and hurried towards the door leaving the two women in the living room.

Kim held Jocelyn's hand with the intention of helping her up. She looked up at the beautiful lady in front of her wishing that her life should be all rosy like hers.

If only she had rich and influential parents like Kim, the person who made her lost her job and threw her out of her apartment before this happened to her wouldn't have been able to.

As much as she hates those men who took her dignity and made her feel so low of herself, she detest the said most powerful man in Boston the most. He had started all this for the reasons she doesn't know about.

Will she ever forgive him? Can she ever face that man? Jocelyn might have to resent him for the rest of her life.

"I will take you to my room so that you can have your bath, the maids were already preparing lunch before you came and if you do not like what they are preparing, you can get whatever you want" Kim interrupted her thoughts.

Jocelyn stared at her without saying anything nor did she make a move to get up on her feet which made Kim wondered for the umpteenth time what the hell happened to her. Her attitude isn't just ordinary.

She sighed and sat down on the spot Fred stood up from earlier placing her hand on Jocelyn's.

"Do you have a dream?" Kim asked suddenly, Jocelyn's head snapped to her in confusion. She doesn't know why but she nodded her head in response. Everyone has a dream! 

"Then do you not want to see your dream come true?" Kim asked again and this time, Jocelyn kept mute knowing the direction she is heading to which gave Kim the chance to continue.

"I might not know what happened to you but believe me, nothing is worth killing yourself for, at the end of the day, you will die and be forgotten. No one will finish up your dream, no one will pick up your life from where you stopped. If you die, it'd be the end of you" Kim paused to see her reaction, when she still kept mute, Kim fired on.

"I am certain that you are done with your college, you suffered, read thorns of books, went through a lot of stress, woke up early and slept late. Why? Because you wanted to give yourself a better life,

do you want that all to die just like that? Do you want all that you went through go into drain just because of some people or something that have happened to you?" Kim asked repeatedly not looking away from Jocelyn.

Jocelyn bit her lower lips, thinking a lot about everything Kim just said to her. Now that she is having a second thought about it, does she really want to die?