13: Brother Role

Fred stared at the lady in front of him and when their eyes met, he hastily looked away.

"I... I just couldn't ignore you after seeing you at the hospital, I saw that you also needed help. There's nothing more to it" he lied. It is true that he couldn't ignore her after the incident but then, it's definitely not the reason he is helping her.

If this continues, it will come to a point where Fred won't be able to count the amount of lies he might have told her. He has become a perfect liar since that day.

Jocelyn nodded her head in response and smiled brightly at him. Knowing that God sent him a consolation in form of a human calmed her down a little.

"Thank you so much" she said to him.

"You don't have to, and you can stay for as long as you want till you are okay. I don't mind at all" he commented convincingly and Jocelyn nodded her head again.

Just as he was about saying something, his phone buzzed and the caller ID was Dargak. Fred excused himself to receive the call.

"Good afternoon boss, I am at the office. I thought you'd be there, you can tell me where you are, I will come and meet you" Dargak said over the phone.

"I am at home, did you get what I asked you to?" Fred rejoined.

"Yes boss"

"Good, get here as soon as possible. I need you to take me to work" after the conversation ended, Fred walked back to Jocelyn.

"What do you want to eat? I will tell the maids to prepare it for you" he asserted

"I am not feeling hungry, I will eat later when I am" she replied while sitting down on the couch.

"Okay, is there anything you want to do?" he asked again, laughing at himself trying to please a woman. Something he'd never do but here he is, doing exactly what he hates the most.

"The roof top, can I go to the roof top?" she mentioned with her pupils dilating in excitement. The fact that Jocelyn gets excited over little things gladden Fred's heart, she is someone you don't have to try so hard to please.

"Of course, you can do whatever you want" he retorted and saw her getting up elatedly taking the stairs to the roof top which made him chuckle in delight.

Their tour yesterday didn't get to the roof top, Fred totally forgot that she will be interested in places like that.

"Wow, I can see basically all the houses in this environment, the roads and the cars too. It's so beautiful" she complimented while walking from one end to the other to get a perfect view.

Fred couldn't refute that. Most of the times when he is having a bad day, he comes up to the roof top and stare at the beautiful scenery of Boston.

"You can be coming here as much as you want, you don't need to take permission from me. I love looking at the views too" he confessed.

"Okay, okay" she replied as she stared dreamily around. Instead of the view, Fred's eyes were fixated on her. She look even more beautiful when she is happy, if only she can have this smile on her face for a very long time. Although he wouldn't get enough of it even if it's for a lifetime.

Jocelyn is someone this pure. Though he hate women because of his mother, he is admitting that he went too far with the way he treated Jocelyn. He did that because he has the power and because he knew that was is just a weak female.

He kept watching her every move while she is oblivious of that and enjoying herself. Just what has he done? How is he going to make amends? If he continue staring at her this way, he will want to do more than staring. Like moving closer to her and pulling her into a hug while telling her how sorry he is but he knows that's not possible.

He want to hold her close to him, that alone will give him comfort. Maybe it's just to him but she's looking like an eye candy that's attractive, hard to catch and difficult to let go.

Jocelyn is someone Fred can't let go but also can't have her for now.

"Careful on that so that you won't fall over" he caution seeing her leaning on the protector. Sometimes it bends over and accidents will likely occur.

"Yes" she answered, nodding her head at the same time.

"I want to stay here forever" she voiced, referring to the roof top. He knew she was just joking about staying here forever but he wish it could be true. He wanted to tell her that she can stay here forever, he can even build a small inn on the roof top just for her but then, he dared not say that to her.

While he was forming the words to say, Dargak called out to him, gaining their attention in the process.

"Boss" Dargak called as he walk up to them. Since he didn't see his boss in the house, he knew that he will be on the roof top.

"You are here" Fred said, Jocelyn also came closer and greeted him. Fred once mentioned that she was found by his driver by the road and this the only person she is seeing with Fred aside his sister.

"Good afternoon Sir, thank you for taking me to the hospital" she appreciated. Dargak had to take a glance at his boss who shrugged his shoulders at him. Without knowing what to say, he bowed his head to her respectfully.

He is the one to apologize to her for arriving late. If he had found her earlier, nothing like that would have happened .

"Here" Dargak said and handed the phone to Fred. Fred collected it, inputted his number and that of Kim then handed it over to Jocelyn.

"You can be using this phone in case of emergency. Both my number and Kim's number has been saved inside, you can reach any of us when there is emergency" he said to her.

"You've done more than enough already, you really didn't have to buy me a phone" Jocelyn interjected.

"Kim and I might not be at home at times, it will be boring staying alone without having anything to do. So I got this in case you get bored"

"Thank you Fred"

"No need to thank me. My sister will be back from school soon, I hope you can manage before she comes back?" Fred responded.

Yes, don't worry about me. I will be fine"

"Good, make sure you eat lunch. I will see you when I get back" that said, Fred walked back into the house with Dargak following behind him.

Even if it's for a while, he will play the role of an elder brother in her life. Just for a while!