11: Truth and lies

"Your name, I want to know your name" Jocelyn requested.

Fred stared blankly at her for some moment thinking about her request, she doesn't know his name! He doesn't know if he should be happy or sad about it.

The thought of her finding out that he is behind her being in this state because of his ridiculous decision to get rid of her for the fact that he finds her appealing and desirable brought fears in him.

Fred made sure to hide his identity while he was making life a little hard for her but he is not sure if those she approached in the quest of that had mentioned his name to her. What if she starts hating him? What if she never forgives him?

The dreadful feeling settled in his stomach, he diverted his eyes from her knowing that hers were following his every turn. 

He doesn't want to be hated by her, he really doesn't want her to ever find out about him being the cause of her loosing her job and apartment hence, sending her into the street.

Seeing her this close to him brings him warmth, as much as they as still trying to get along, it is way better than having her distance from him.

Jocelyn's questioning stare made him clear his throat, she seem oblivious to everything and only focused on living. She wouldn't know it's him right? 

There are so many Freds in the world, no way will she think it's him right? That's if she has ever heard his name.

For her not to know him when he is the most popular man and almost in the news all the time prove that she is not the social type that cares about things happening around her.

"Freddie, the name is Freddie but you can call me just Fred. I will be fine with that" he lied blatantly not knowing when that was added to his name.

Just how many lies is he going to tell her to cover up the truth?

He added that so that when she comes across his name as Fred Scott, she wouldn't think it's him since she will believe that isn't his full name.

Jocelyn slowly nodded her head with a small smile crepting up on her face.

"Fred" the name rolled out of her lips, it sounded sexy coming from her. 

"My name is Jocelyn" she introduced while Fred nodded his head in pretence like he is not aware of what her name is.

"You have a beautiful name, just like you" he complemented. Jocelyn flustered bowing her head.

"Thank you" she replied shyly playing with the hem of her dress. Kim, like he heard Fred call her before he left a while ago gave her one of her dresses.

"Since you are feeling better now, I will give you a tour of the mansion before it's dinner. What do you say?" He offered and Jocelyn eagerly nodded.

She didn't get to see a glimpse of what his mansion looks like when they came in because she was lost in her own world and thoughts but now that she feels better, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a look around the place she will be staying for a while.

"Alright then, let's go" he said offering her his hand. She hesitated a bit before placing her hand in his. They felt so warm and soft that it drive Fred insane. The unsettling feelings in him were beginning to give him concerns.

Holding her hand sent a familiar kind of sensation he had developed since the first time he saw her from a far distance. His heart didn't stop racing, it only increased.

Looking down at their entwined hands, he looked at her with a smile and then started walking off with her.

They both walked hand in hand as Fred ignored the stares his staff were giving them, it feels odd and weird to see their boss so close to a female and even smile at her occasionally.